1970 New Yorker keys

Racingsnake

Reaction score
Assuming it still has the original lock cylinders, does the door lock key also operate the ignition? How about the trunk?

Door and Ignition keys are same if original. Trunk and if it has a lock the glove box. But I have found some glove boxes take any trunk key.

If at some time in its life the ignition lock was replaced, it will not open your doors. The ignition key for our Gremlin will not open the doors for that very reason.

I thought Chrysler always had the best setup for the keys. They were made for a valet. He/she could open/lock the doors and start the car, but could not get into the trunk or glove compartment unless they had the round key. Genius. Ford and GM did not have have this genius feature.

I thought Chrysler always had the best setup for the keys. They were made for a valet. He/she could open/lock the doors and start the car, but could not get into the trunk or glove compartment unless they had the round key. Genius. Ford and GM did not have have this genius feature.
In later years Ford did. The '84 Mercury we bought had two keys; round one for the trunk.

Back