For Sale 1970 Newport convertible (69k miles, 383-2, DY3 yellow with black buckets in Joliet, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was looking at...
70chr_pricelist_09.jpg

Is it me or does the firewall look like it's gold?

Agreed, which is why I asked ..

It is an original Y6 Citron Gold car and not a Y3, see picture below. Y3 by the way would be called Antique Ivory (like a cream color). A survivor, sorry I don't think so. It has a new carpet, and it is painted gold in the engine bay and yellow on the outside. It is interesting though with a power brake booster with a manual master. Very very nice car though overall.
s-l1600.jpg

Not mine.

You have had your car how long and you don't know that your bucket seats are not correct then - assuming you have a Newport and the seats don't have buttons, yours are not correct. Perhaps yours were recovered in the past and the upholstery shop didn't bother putting the buttons back on.

Last edited:
If you take a look at the passenger rear quarter it looks like the body side molding does not line up with the body line.Plus look at the top of the trunk lid in that picture. It sticks up higher than the sail panel. Do you think these are just misalignments or a sign of bodywork?

I think that's just cheap, stick on, aftermarket molding. Trunk? I don't know... Really have to look at the car up close.

So what is the rough opinion of the value of this car? I would put it around eight grand given the repaint in wrong color and other questionable changes made.

Not mine.

You have had your car how long and you don't know that your bucket seats are not correct then - assuming you have a Newport and the seats don't have buttons, yours are not correct. Perhaps yours were recovered in the past and the upholstery shop didn't bother putting the buttons back on.

I was going to say they were probably recovered. Legendary makes those seat covers, and they're perfect! But they don't come with the button's. They tell you that, and that they don't have them. I have yet to install mine, and I am still debating whether to install them or not. I have them all, and they're in good shape. It just "seams" wrong to poke holes in brand new beautiful seat covers. They do add a nice touch though. Seeing this cars interior is inspiring!

I was going to say they were probably recovered. Legendary makes those seat covers, and they're perfect! But they don't come with the button's. They tell you that, and that they don't have them. I have yet to install mine, and I am still debating whether to install them or not. I have them all, and they're in good shape. It just "seams" wrong to poke holes in brand new beautiful seat covers. They do add a nice touch though. Seeing this cars interior is inspiring!
I can't wait to poke holes in new seat covers!

As long as it wasn't made by a screwdriver in your back pocket.

Given the discrepacies that are apparent, I'd call this a $7K to $8K car by strictly appearances. Air non-op, color change, and the iffiness with the overall presentation, keep this from being a $13K car. Most definitely not a "survivor" car.

The seats in my car were one of the few things that were original to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back