Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Reaction score
Contact seller
$12,500

I love it!

(Except the price!)

This 1970 Chrysler Newport Custom is an exceptionally clean, highly optioned, relatively low mileage original condition vehicle. It rides very smoothly and steers tight and straight down the road and brakes powerfully and quickly with power disc brakes. The engine is very smooth and the 727 transmission shifts smoothly and crisply. The seats are very comfortable and are like new, with the original herringbone teal cloth interior material and supportive foam padding. The instrument panel is very clean and in very good condition and the dash pad is excellent. The carpets are original and the factory floor mats are included with the car.

The door panels are good except the driver door panel is starting to show minor sun damage near the top of the door. The chrome is presentable and the paint is shiny, however it would need a repaint to be show quality. There should be no need for any significant body work since this car is very straight. The biggest flaw is a small dent just behind the driver door near the character line. There is no rust on this car, and it is a California vehicle. The trunk floor is solid although it shows some very slight surface rust as shown in the photos.

Virtually everything works in this vehicle - the power windows (although the rears are slow and need lubrication), the A/C gets real cold and the AM/FM search-tune radio works as well. All lights, interior (dome, map light, under hood and trunk) work as they should. Recent work includes: the transmission selector shaft seal and pan gasket replaced and the bands adjusted, the suspension was rebuilt around 80K miles and a very high efficiency radiator core was replaced along with other more minor maintenance items. A new fuel pump and fuel filter were also recently installed and the rear drum brakes were completely rebuilt with new shoes, cylinders and springs, new shocks in the rear were added as well.

There are no leaks from the drive-line. An aftermarket temperature gauge was added to supplement the cold/hot warning lights that still work as well. The engine is the original 383-2 barrel V-8 and it is very smooth and quiet, and the exhaust system is in good shape and even the rear resonator is in place and adds to the overall silence of this vehicle. The tires are General Touring A/S in size 235-70-R15 and like new riding on stock 7" rims, and the rear-end is an 8 3/4 with 2.76 gears.

The large Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth fuselage C-bodies built from 1969-1973 are becoming very rare as most were driven into the ground or had their big block engines and drive-lines removed. From a driving perspective this one is exceptional. I've completed numerous 1,000 mile round trip drives from the Bay Area to L.A. in this car with the A/C on and never once has missed a beat (most recent was last month) and it's an absolute joy to drive. This is a car that I hate to part with as the vinyl top delete cars are exceptional rare and it gets attention everywhere it's taken.

This is truly a turn-key car that needs nothing but a new driver. My only hope is that it goes to a good home. $12,500 OBO.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4438963571.html

00u0u_fcHi289xvLj_600x450.jpg00303_7Iv9DhxQSDb_600x450.jpg00h0h_fEY0St1eO4F_600x450.jpg

00u0u_fcHi289xvLj_600x450.jpg

00303_7Iv9DhxQSDb_600x450.jpg

00h0h_fEY0St1eO4F_600x450.jpg

it is a very nice car which was owned by a member just till some months ago. It sold on ebay. Price is definetly higher than it was before

Carsten

It's a bit pricey.... IMHO...:icon_scratch:

But a very looking looking car for a fusie model..

Feels kind of funny to see my previous daily driver that I sold on ebay about 6 months ago back up for sale. Looks like he had some good trips with the car and now will flip it for a profit of around $3500 above what it sold for on ebay if it sells at that price. That is one of the cars I have let go that I really do miss. Oh well..........................

Feels kind of funny to see my previous daily driver that I sold on ebay about 6 months ago back up for sale. Looks like he had some good trips with the car and now will flip it for a profit of around $3500 above what it sold for on ebay if it sells at that price. That is one of the cars I have let go that I really do miss. Oh well..........................

I was about to say that the tone of the description sounds like it is coming from someone who is flipping the car. I especially like the comment that it draws attention wherever it goes. No, I don't think so as none of mine do except the truck. The price is high for the Bay Area where there aren't many people looking for these cars now or even in their heyday.

i know of a 69 new yorker 2 dr htp, gold, orig owner supposedly in mint condition for $6000

anyone interested pm me........no pics avail but you could call the owner. In NY state.

Really nice car, that one must have been hard to let go of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back