1970 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it! she'll be headin to blighty to join my 71 and 72.....sorry cousins she needed saving!

I'm not soooooo sorry! just that sometimes I see 'another one goes to Europe' comments, but youre right the derby guys didn't get her and she will have friends in the stable, and be undercover! its actually a lot better than it looks in the pictures, it runs nice and I have a black interior for it, might need a radiator and some work on the lower fenders by the door post but not too much more - the rear leaves are still nicely curved too, can never figure out why some straighten and others don't??? maybe they were replaced at some point??

I had a Newport Custom very much like that one, but ended up selling it due to circumstances. Perhaps one of the cars I sold that I still miss the most. Mine was the 383-2 bbl , and just as Stan said, it was probably the smoothest engine I ever had although I had a 1973 440 that was runner up. What is strange about that Custom, however, is that the seats are from a regular Newport. I would put Custom seats in myself. Glad you saved it.

Great to here it won't die in a derby.
I guess no one worrys if a C-body in this condition gets saved, no matter where he lives.

Carsten

Good job! Now you need only '69 and '73 and you have a full straight of fuselages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back