1970 Plymouth Fury convertible - $4250

Status
Not open for further replies.
monaco75, i don't suppose you have any pics of it, do you? mileage?

big issue is that it needs more than the dutchman panel, the tops of the qtrs are shot too.

im on my phone at the moment, kind of a pain to type. I get out of work at 2pm. Ill jump back on and let you know what i know. I do not have any pics though. Sorry!

No its not a parts car, I hope, the frame will tell the story. Big block, buckets nice pad, road wheels in FK5, could be FK3 which was a plymouth only color...If i were looking I would consider it.

I agree...... It's a very desirable car that needs some TLC. The obvious areas that rust don't look that bad in the pic's. A good body man could ace that car out. The fact that the car is still around with all of it's original intregrity speaks volumns about the care it has received for most of it's life. Some interior upgrades and a lot of detailing and someone will end up with a great car.

My 69 300 project is a good example of how to end up with a car that I could not afford to purchase... plus having the knowledge of everything about the car. There is a lot of gratification in the creation/restoration of a car like that. In a years time, (or less), that car could be valued well above the cost of fixing it up.

Someone looking for a car like this would do well to personally inspect, ot have it inspected. Then throw out an offer of $3500.00

Last edited:
Is that red? I dont think so

Well redish primer is what I mean...

mdh- sorry it took so long! Anywhase after seeing the pic's on the computer, it has to be the same car. They migh have added some new black primer in spots. But it did have some black on it in a few spots when I saw it.

I took the bluesmobile to a car show a few months back. Had a guy approach me, and we started talking. He mentioned he had a sister car to mine. A '73 fury (that has been posted in the for sale section on here from craigslist a while back). I asked if it was for sale. He said yes, so I went to check it out. On the way he mentioned his son also had an old fury vert for sale. This caught my attention. I said I would love to check that out as well.

He took me to his house, and the vert was stuffed in a small one car garage in the back yard. He said the car ran (but it wouldnt start that night due to some wiring problem). However the motor did sound decent while trying to turn over. The door pad's were off, and they need to be redone. The bottoms were blown out in some spots. The car has/had a pretty solid body, with a bit of rust in the quarters, and in the middle passenger side section of the trunk floor. The under side seemed solid. The only thing that made me a little worried was the dutchman panel. The rest of the interior was in o.k. shape. The dash pad was in great shape! The car definitely needs a restoration, all the trim, and everything was off of it, but still with the car in the trunk. However like polara71 said, it is a big block, high optioned '70 vert. I fell in love with it. It does obviously have a bit of rust but this did not scare me to much. However my standards are a lot less then a lot of people on here. My bluesmobile would be considered a parts car in most eye's on here. lol

The guy had acquired it from a sick friend, who had no time to finish it. He had pulled it apart to redo/paint, but never got around to it. So the owner I knew got it for his son, who seemed to not have much interest in it.

I offered to trade my newport for it. However the guy got back to me a few day's later saying he was not interested cause my car had a sunroof. His son wanted 2k for it.

I'm thinking since its put back together, and looks to have some new primer spots, and obviously in a different location, someone grabbed it, and is trying to flip it. I did not get any pic's of it, as it was dark, and in a cramped area...

The dutchman panel rusted out on these cars because of the leaded over seam and trapped water/moisture

Was it actual lead?
I thought I read somewhere it was some type of epoxy composite.

The worst area of rust on my 300 was the dutchman panel. It was rusted pretty bad mostly along the molding at the forward edge. I think that was the reason for the rusty trunk floor also. The seams were filled with lead from the factory and we cleaned them out as much as possible, (tough stuff). Metal was formed and welded back in so all is solid now.

The 69 300 convertible parts car I still have has a solid dutchman panel and trunk floor in it. Could be a good donor for that Fury.

I like the Plymouth and would be seriously looking at it if I didn't already have the 300.

Last edited:
And they called him Flipper, Flipper.
images.jpg

images.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back