1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

Yes, the old seller was delusional. He would only sell the GT along with the S23 because the S23 was the only other 1970 Plymouth model that had the correct parts to fix the GT, which had rust and other issues such that a quarter needed to be replaced among other things. I told the guy that I was only interested in the red GT and that I had a parts 70 Plymouth Fury that had the correct quarter panels and that buying and shipping 2 cars from New York was not reasonable for me. He then went off on me telling me how I didn't know anything about GTs. I had a very hard time getting off the phone with him and by the end of the conversation, he said he wanted to be my friend and that I should come back and visit him. It was just a weird and strange conversation. Creepy. And his prices were ridiculous anyway. Good luck.

Yeh, I've dealt with a couple of "eccentrics" myself just buying parts off of ebay and craigs list. Regardless of the fact that NO ONE in their right mind would consider it of any value, Its like you've insulted them somehow because you don't think the rusty piece of scrap metal they're selling is as valuable as they do. They get it in their heads that its priceless and they're offended if you point out that it has no market value to any one but them! Therz WAAAy too many more crazies out there then ever before, let me tell ya!

It is not finished yet but on the road already.

When winter comes in I will have the spare time to post some more story and pictures

Carsten

He should be out dragging back furys today like me and Tobias......Calgary...home to 2 more 70 Sport Fury's.....early bird gits the worm...no time for shows .....

He should be out dragging back furys today like me and Tobias......Calgary...home to 2 more 70 Sport Fury's.....early bird gits the worm...no time for shows .....

What have you two been up to while I’m away?? Can’t leave you alone for a minute!

Ya what a awesome day today we both did great

Didn’t have time to visit with several of our Scandanavian members who reached out with invitations but my social director had other ideas of what a vacation is....going down the Kiel Canal tomorrow so maybe some BBTR will be visible lol

ok, here are some pics from 2017.

First we cut out the old trunkfloor.
We had some trunkfloor repairmetal from Goodmark (from back in the day).
Poor quality pieces.
We had to adjust a lot and fabricate some metal to make it fit

sfgt_er6u.jpg

after that we sealed the seams

sfgt_er6z2.jpg

followed by primer

sfgt_er6v.jpg

and we put sprinkle over it

sfgt_er6w.jpg

we did a lot of mechanical stuff.
Complete brake system
Steering box
Front end
power steering pump

removed the gas tank, cleaned it, prevented it from further rusting due to zinc coating

Rebuild the carb

Fixed the elctrical system underneath the dash, lots of bad cabels.

The steering column was bad.
Thanks to Steve as he helped me out with a new complete Steering column for a console car.

Front windshield was cracked so we removed it and found rust of course

sfgt_er6t.jpg

But it wasn't bad so we only had to weld three small holes.

New windshield got installed and wirper arms

we had an experienced guy who was a builder at Karman come and fix it.
It was important for me to safe the old quarterpanel and paint

sfgt_er6p.jpg
sfgt_er6q.jpg
sfgt_er6r.jpg

sfgt_er6s.jpg

prepaing for paint (as tiny as posible) we didn't use any bondo to straighten it. It is of course still slightly waivy but all metal, no bondo

sfgt_er6x.jpg

and painting
sfgt_er6y.jpg
sfgt_er6z.jpg
sfgt_er6z1.jpg

Back