1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23 4 speed car

I have this car. wollfen was a skilled restorer.

It wont be a four speed. It will have 383 HP that we dialed up a bit this summer. I think I am going with white interior. Nothing happening on it between now and 2024 on it though.

will not be "concours" when done, and clearly will have deviated from "as built". I just want a fun, nice looking driver.

View attachment 567464

View attachment 567462

Wait whaaa :stop: :confused:, you bought it :wideyed:??! Alright congratulations to you, welcome to the S/23 club. First it's the Flyin Whale now this. Man you're so lucky!! I am definitely looking forward to seeing what will happen with it

Wait whaaa :stop: :confused:, you bought it :wideyed:??! Alright congratulations to you, welcome to the S/23 club. First it's the Flyin Whale now this. Man you're so lucky!! I am definitely looking forward to seeing what will happen with it

Thanks boss.

Wollfen and I worked on two deals before he sailed into the sunset, so to speak. This S23 one and his GT.

As retirement looms, I have plenty of things to keep me busy as a caretaker of some fine old iron.. six of them yet to get up and around will take me another five to ten years.

It'll be fun.

:thumbsup:

1668547971580.png

Thanks boss.

Wollfen and I worked on two deals before he sailed into the sunset, so to speak. This S23 one and his GT.

As retirement looms, I have plenty of things to keep me busy as a caretaker of some fine old iron.. six of them yet to get up and around will take me another five to ten years.

It'll be fun.

:thumbsup:

View attachment 567633
damn, thats a beautiful car

What does that mean - did he retire, leave the hobby, ???
I did a lot of business with him, he was (is) a cool dude, so we had a chance to talk about lots of personal stuff.

Without betraying any confidences, he said he wanted to do some different things with his life. One of those things included actually sailing the open seas for a bit.

The car hobby, for a some length of time, was gonna take a back seat to that.

I tried to learn my kids (now 18, 21, 25) to drive a manual but none of them were interested.:wtf:
My youngest learned how to drive a manual in my 65 Ford 3/4 ton 4x4. It has a 390 now but that original 4 speed has never been touched (at least in the last 25 years). Coming down into fourth has always been a time consuming process. My 12 year old at the time did it way better than I did.

I did a lot of business with him, he was (is) a cool dude, so we had a chance to talk about lots of personal stuff.

Without betraying any confidences, he said he wanted to do some different things with his life. One of those things included actually sailing the open seas for a bit.

The car hobby, for a some length of time, was gonna take a back seat to that.
That was a sufficient explanation for me, thanks! (sailed into the sunset - I now understand the choice of phrase)
Unless we actually know a guy, it's hard to know someone's age, resources, goals and dreams.
It's easy to presume we are 100% all-in to our cars - which absolutely might not be the case. Or the percentage may be slowly eroding.
And too easy to presume each of us will always be here.

Now - back to the car at hand.

Gary: It is so great to hear from you again. We are wishing you all the best. Please don't be a stranger.

Do you know what are the two happiest days in a boater's life?

The day he buys his boat and the day he sells his boat. . . :poke:

Back