1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23 4 speed car

Except for the first two '71 GT's built (Promo cars) that were PP23T1 cars as they were built in early August of 1970 with the '70 350 HP 440.
I could live to 100 and it still wouldn't be enough time to learn more trivia about C-bodies

I'm a 'newbie' around here, so don't want to be 'pushy'.. But, if you are going to modify this car from stock then why on earth would you not go with a 440? Huge (HUGE) difference in Torque. And with heavy car, Torque is what you will feel. 383 is a great engine, but in a C-Car a 440 is superior even if it only the lowly 350 Horsepower version.

And my Vote is definitely go with the 4-Speed. Pistol Grip & Delete the Console, it will look FAR cooler with that awesome shifter popping right out of the Carpet!

Just a question on your S23... the interior is green. What are you going to do with that? Will you be selling any of the green interior or just dye it?

Just a question on your S23... the interior is green. What are you going to do with that? Will you be selling any of the green interior or just dye it?

"Valid" point, the green would look kind of stupid with the red. IF I had to guess I would redye.

"Valid" point, the green would look kind of stupid with the red. IF I had to guess I would redye.

I have white door panels already and a new white headliner, the seats are going to be white but done in new material, the old stuff is split, hardened and torn. Not sure what I will do with the green door panels.

I have white door panels already and a new white headliner, the seats are going to be white but done in new material, the old stuff is split, hardened and torn. Not sure what I will do with the green door panels.
Let me know what green things you will be selling... I am in the market for green interior. Does the car have a consol?

I'm a 'newbie' around here, so don't want to be 'pushy'.. But, if you are going to modify this car from stock then why on earth would you not go with a 440? Huge (HUGE) difference in Torque. And with heavy car, Torque is what you will feel. 383 is a great engine, but in a C-Car a 440 is superior even if it only the lowly 350 Horsepower version.

And my Vote is definitely go with the 4-Speed. Pistol Grip & Delete the Console, it will look FAR cooler with that awesome shifter popping right out of the Carpet!

Good points.

or are 400 stroked

Let me know what green things you will be selling... I am in the market for green interior. Does the car have a consol?
Here are the door panels, most of them are rough but repairable, I should have green pillar post covers here too, I will dig them out, plus i have the green plastic bucket seat backings and such too. Sorry but the green console got sold ages ago. I am putting a black one in.

DSCF4828.jpg
DSCF4829.jpg
DSCF4830.jpg

As winter's around the corner it's time to dig out some old threads. What happened to the car in the past 1,5 years?

Pretty sure it has since been sold off.
As winter's around the corner it's time to dig out some old threads. What happened to the car in the past 1,5 years?

I have this car. wollfen was a skilled restorer.

For Sale - 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

It wont be a four speed. It will have 383 HP that we dialed up a bit this summer. I think I am going with white interior. Nothing happening on it between now and 2024 on it though.

will not be "concours" when done, and clearly will have deviated from "as built". I just want a fun, nice looking driver.

1668451551036.png

1668451336314.png

1668451126347.png

1668450985084.png

Last edited:
Back