SOLD 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS23T1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Listing this for a friend. Car is currently under a cover in the back of his storage building. We plan to pull it out this spring for cleaning and at that time we will take plenty of pics and a video of it running and driving...but he wanted me to advertise it now, in case there were any interested parties.

So here we go...

• 1970 Plymouth Fury S/23
  • one of 689 total S/23 built
  • approximately 88,000 miles
  • two owners - my friend's mother and then himself
  • restored in 1997, driven 2,000 miles since and stored in climate controlled building
  • color is Hawaiian Bronze, repainted in PPG base/clear
  • The white vinyl top and Chestnut Tan interior are original and very nice
  • 383 Super Commando engine - 330 hp, rebuilt
  • Has Hughes cam, he can't remember specs but it's a mild low rpm torque grind
  • column shifted 727 automatic, rebuilt
  • power steering, power brakes
  • air conditioning
  • 3.23 open rear axle
He's asking $22,500. He realizes the market is limited and it may take time to find the right buyer. Car is located in Lincoln, NE. Pic below is from 1997 right after the restoration...it looks the same today.

If interested please PM me and I'll get you in contact with him.

Edit 1/5/17 - I will be adding a few more pics Monday, supposed to be in the 40s here so we will take advantage and try to pull it out and get some detailed shots.

Edit 1/9/17 - Photobucket album with some more pics
1970 Plymouth Fury S23 by mpre

and walkaround video:

scan0003.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car,....seems to be appropriately priced.

I had the exact same optioned car, but it was a GT. IMHO the color looks best in natural light.

Thanks for posting.

It would look better off that trailer and parked on pavement! LOL!

It would look better off the trailer and in my driveway.....Any LARGE discounts for FCBO members. LOL. Nice car, hope it sells well to someone who appreciates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back