1970 Polara vert EV2 440 Public relations car

1969vert500

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Well I have finally got all the pics lined up and in photobucket for you guys to look at. Polara71 knows this car and he has been very very helpful in helping me with questions on it. It is going to get rolling this winter and hopefully will be back on the road soon. I have picked up a parts car which will give me a new front stub, drivers door, and lower patch panels to cut that bondo out and get some good panels back in. It is the only HIC color 440 vert made and it is a 2 fender tag car with a Q on the VON for public relations. The sheet unfortunelty was gone except for the bottom right hand corner so we could not see what the Public relations was for. The car had an old Ohio title and it got me wondering if the original owner might have been the owner of the Bengals as he bought a new V2 colored dodge every year or so and I have seen the documented 70 super bee V2 six pack car he had. :thinker:

I still want to try to do a title search backwards on the car to see if I can see the original owner. Does anyone know if Ohio keeps those records as I have a copy of the old title still with the 2 previous owners on it??

But back to the car. It is not a total rust bucket but it needs frame stub and then the back trunk area around the wheel wells was fiberglassed long ago. It has held well but I feel it should come out and good metal go in. Floors are all good on the car. It needs a new top obviously and all the soft materials.

Engine is not #'s matching and is a 71 block. It runs but I have a nice rebuilt 1977 440 on the stand that I will swap in. Hopefully I do not run into alot of issues on it but I am sure I will. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate the help and if anyone knows any more history on the car let me know. Thanks and check out the pics. The ones where it is dirty are the new ones with all the dust on it where Polara71 sent me some from the car back around year 2000. You can see how the rust has spread in the rockers over the last 14 years and a passenger door got hammer by an atv.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/vette1986/library/1970 EV2 Polara 440 vert?sort=3&page=2

20140910_094351.jpg

I love it!
Best of luck with this.
That's a car one should to get upside down in. It's worth it.

Best of luck with restoring it.
It gets pushed around since a long time and deserves it to be restored finally.

Due to being a Q-code (public relations) car I doubt it being from the Bengals owner. It was somehow an officialy used car from Chrysler. Or at least plant to be.

Carsten

That poor car has bounced around for more than 15 years. The farthest back I heard of it was, it was at the Nationals for sale around 97 or 98.
I made an offer on it around 2000 but was told it was sold and going to Finland.
Obviously that deal fell through and by that time I had my own Q car..
Right now it is the only two tag car known....

Save that car and do it right....please. It deserves it after being kicked around so long.

I always considered a Bengals or browns connection...but Carsten brings up a valid point.

I will do it right. I get kind of ANAL on all my stuff and in way too deep but so be it. Here is my 71 rt "driver"

Has anyone seen any good trunk pans for these cars? I see someone is making quarter extensions for these now and wondered if there was any new metal for trunk pans?

20140814_173304.jpg

20140823_124110.jpg

20140823_124005.jpg

See what you want but there is NO NEW METAL. ... Fabbed , NOS or used is all there is. ...

The car is a real rt with air but a U code not V code car. I had the 6 pack base from another project so it inspired me to make it a 6 pack. The engine is actually a 500 inch stroker with stealth aluminum heads all painted up to look factory.

Great car, you have your work cut out for you, but it will be a beauty when you are finished.

l may go that route with one of my projects...was wondering if you had to mod airbreather or it just clears ac...pics with it on most welcome

The front corner of the baseplate has to be trimed. I am out of town right now but I will take a pic of it when I am home. It is tight fit even with the trim but it looks pretty good and most people do not even catch it.

That's a beautiful car man.

P.S. I knew junk yard owner that I frequented a lot that had a 78 Dodge PU 440 truck that was loaded w A/C and cruise etc. He put a 6 BBL on it and it was his DD. Just bent or notched the base plate to clear the compressor. That was in the mid 80's

Back