1970 Seat Foam

Any idea who Vintage Hot Rods in Chico uses?
No. But if it's Don Higgens, the man everyone says is the "Go to Guy," he's already refused. He's one of the two that told me, "If you can get me the foam I can do it." My reply has been, "If I could get the foam I'd do it."

Well poop! I just called Legendary to ask if the '69 rubber would work on my '70. He said no, and he further said, "No one makes it."

Lord, send me to a Lowrider shop!!

If you can find good density foam you can layer it to get the thickness you need, and a electric carving knife (for you turkey or ham) works excellent for cutting, and with some practice you can do some shaping.
I don't know if it is something you are down for trying. Just putting it out there.

Well poop! I just called Legendary to ask if the '69 rubber would work on my '70. He said no, and he further said, "No one makes it."

Lord, send me to a Lowrider shop!!

Ernie's Custom Upholstery in Oroville may be able to do it. He does upholstery for Paul Lyons up in Paradise.​

Ernie's Custom Upholstery in Oroville may be able to do it. He does upholstery for Paul Lyons up in Paradise.​

Hey, thanks!! I've heard there's a guy there but didn't know who it was. I'll check him out!

Just looked him up. It's not too far from the school where my wife teaches. Looks like I'm going there this week!

Talked with Ernie yesterday at Ernie's Custom Upholstery; he'll do them!! Yay!! Thanks so much Devinism; that was a Devine intervention!

I showed him the pictures and he said what some of you have said, "Yeah, I'll need to cut the foam and then the top layers until they fit properly, but I can do it." That's great. Unfortunately, he can't do it for some three months. But, he told me to call each week and "bug him." Ok then!!

Thanks all!

Ernie has turned into a flake. My seats are still in boxes. I'm looking for someone else now.

This should not be this hard!!!

Ernie has turned into a flake. My seats are still in boxes. I'm looking for someone else now.

This should not be this hard!!!
Perhaps he meant "3 metric months"

Sorry about the flakiness. It seems to be EVERYWHERE now!

I would say it's both. Look at the link below; the outer edges of the seats are raised. That's the way mine are now, and the new covers coming are reflective of this.

By the way, I received an email last week that Legendary has already shopped my order. Guess it didn't take 198 days!! Whoo-hoo! Another reason why I'm searching for foam again.

1840-ST68 Mopar 1968-69 A,B,C-body Seat Foams
I am havening the seats in my 70 300 being done, covers are from Legendary. I asked the shop about the 1840-ST68 foam. He thinks that he can make it work, the foam came today, and seats might be done next week. I'll post pics when I get them back.

I am havening the seats in my 70 300 being done, covers are from Legendary. I asked the shop about the 1840-ST68 foam. He thinks that he can make it work, the foam came today, and seats might be done next week. I'll post pics when I get them back.

My upholstery shop is just outstanding and real close to you in Victorville. The shop is Robbins Upholstery and he did 2 headliner conversions for me - one for my 1969 Chrysler Town & Country wagon and the other my 73 Dodge Crestwood station wagon. Both headliners were originally perforated hardboard and he redid them in vinyl and they looked perfect. He also redid the front seat in my Crestwood wagon. I have never seen such excellent upholstery work. It is better than new and looks exactly original. I was just wondering whether you might use his services as well since you are only about 10 minutes away in Apple Valley?

My upholstery shop is just outstanding and real close to you in Victorville. The shop is Robbins Upholstery and he did 2 headliner conversions for me - one for my 1969 Chrysler Town & Country wagon and the other my 73 Dodge Crestwood station wagon. Both headliners were originally perforated hardboard and he redid them in vinyl and they looked perfect. He also redid the front seat in my Crestwood wagon. I have never seen such excellent upholstery work. It is better than new and looks exactly original. I was just wondering whether you might use his services as well since you are only about 10 minutes away in Apple Valley?
I use Louis Valenzuela Upholstery, also in Victorville have known him for 30 + years and also does great work. Did all the work on the wagon and tons more over the years.

20220202_173253.jpg
20180323_181621.jpg

I use Louis Valenzuela Upholstery, also in Victorville have known him for 30 + years and also does great work. Did all the work on the wagon and tons more over the years.

View attachment 559879View attachment 559880

That is really impressive as well. Glad to know there are two very good sources nearby. I appreciate the reply. So it appears he did the ceiling in the wagon as well - very well done too!

They look really nice too! Did he make the seat covers or were they from Legendary or ???

Covers came from Legendary .Thanks

OK, thanks! I was hoping that Legendary also made the back seat covers too but it looks like they have discontinued making them but I do see they still make back seat covers for the 71s......................go figure.

Back