1970 sport fury GT A4 silver platinum

1970 Plymouth Paint Codes

Note: 1, 4, 9 - 11, 14 and 24 only available on Sport Fury GT.

watch out Martin.
The link you posted is for the RTS (Rapid Transit System) only.
Part of the RTS is only one C-Body, the SFGT.
That is why they have the footnote "SFGT only".
1,4,9,11,14 and 24 were available on other C-bodys, too.
But they are not content for the link you posted.

Carsten

I also have seen a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T in the Detroit area that is a 999 car that appears to have been painted EA4.

This is a cool GT....be neat to see it as a fresh restoration. I am sure it would pop!

Dave

I also have seen a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T in the Detroit area that is a 999 car that appears to have been painted EA4.

This is a cool GT....be neat to see it as a fresh restoration. I am sure it would pop!

Dave

brads is the same color..V code though.. i would have bought it also but missed it back in the 80's when it was in hemmings..

FWIW, this 1970 300 coupe was confirmed to be EA4 original color as well. Carsten urged me to "save it", but I didn't. Maybe I should have if the color is that rare.

00p0p_ejm2e7viict_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Here is an EA4 1970 Sport Fury GT 6-BBL. that I looked at buying. It was in Hemmings and in hind sight I should have bought it. $2,800 was the asking price. I believe the engine was missing, but the transmission was original. I still have the ad and photos in my files.

I negotiated a price with the seller and had documents and photos in hand, (sent in the mail,..waited for weeks) and decided to pass at the last minute. I was not the only one who passed on this one.

At the time, I thought I would be able to locate a "better" car, barn find car, etc.,.....it hasn't happened yet. Still looking.........

The "Frank Mithchell" TX9 6-BBL GT, that I got from Dan C, is the color I really wanted, non-vinyl top, and fully documented, so I'm happy to have it. I suppose in the end,..it really doesn't matter,....they all need to be restored. Even the "nice" Sport Fury GT 6-BBL cars that exist are rough. --Aside from one or two that are restored.--

6890795392_3cb678df48_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an EA4 1970 Sport Fury GT 6-BBL. that I looked at buying. It was in Hemmings and in hind sight I should have bought it. $2,800 was the asking price. I believe the engine was missing, but the transmission was original. I still have the ad and photos in my files.

I negotiated a price with the seller and had documents and photos in hand, (sent in the mail,..waited for weeks) and decided to pass at the last minute. I was not the only one who passed on this one.

At the time, I thought I would be able to locate a "better" car, barn find car, etc.,.....it hasn't happened yet. Still looking.........

The "Frank Mithchell" TX9 6-BBL GT, that I got from Dan C, is the color I really wanted, non-vinyl top, and fully documented, so I'm happy to have it. I suppose in the end,..it really doesn't matter,....they all need to be restored. Even the "nice" Sport Fury GT 6-BBL cars that exist are rough. --Aside from one or two that are restored.--

View attachment 176936
I passed on that one two Trev. I believe it was 94 or 95 that it was offered to me after the owner saw my white GT at Nationals. It was a Minnesota car originally and it looks like that is where your pic was taken

I passed on that one two Trev. I believe it was 94 or 95 that it was offered to me after the owner saw my white GT at Nationals. It was a Minnesota car originally and it looks like that is where your pic was taken

I'm pretty sure it was Minnesota car Bill, you would know better than me. Although, I believe the car when advertised in Hemmings, was in Florida.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was Minnesota car Bill, you would know better than me. Although, I believe the car when advertised in Hemmings, was in Florida.

dirk had the car for sale when i was looking at it... IIRC he was in minnesota at the time.. though possibly he moved or had 2 places..

Yeah I just saw this video too lol, thought I'd seen that GT before

According to the 1970 paint option lists; lists EA4 as Sport Fury GT only. Never say never with MoPar.

EA4 is listed on factory Exterior Color Sheet as being available for Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler, C-Body platform cars. The color sheet was changed early in production for various models, and EA4 was for the Fury line only. I'm not sure when, or if it is 100%, and then it was only available for the GT.

If you wanted EA4 in anything else besides a Fury/GT, (GTX/Roadrunner et.al.) it was a special order 999 code.

@Cags70PolaraConvert's 1970 Polara convertible was originally an EA4 car, as per its fender tag. It was built in late February, 1970 -- a full 4 months later than @dh23t's Monaco, but 2 months before @Snotty's Newport 'vert.

@Cags70PolaraConvert's 1970 Polara convertible was originally an EA4 car, as per its fender tag. It was built in late February, 1970 -- a full 4 months later than @dh23t's Monaco, but 2 months before @Snotty's Newport 'vert.

In late 2009 or late 2010, I bought a second monaco off ebay that was also A4 silver with a console. 383 car. Due to major life events at that time, I chose not to have it delivered. The seller re-sold the car, and refunded most of my money. I do not have a photo of the fender tag, but the floor pan definitely shows A4 silver. Not sure what happened to the car after that.

$(KGrHqJ,!iYE-TD)Gp9nBP2pes5Y!Q~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!iEE-kBuOhrBBP2pds5rHQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!j!E+E7nsK3uBP2pfvtNEw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!jQE-g18Ifz(BP2pfY1qPw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!h!E-7d-!e75BP2pi0sfZQ~~60_3.JPG

In late 2009 or late 2010, I bought a second monaco off ebay that was also A4 silver with a console. 383 car. Due to major life events at that time, I chose not to have it delivered. The seller re-sold the car, and refunded most of my money. I do not have a photo of the fender tag, but the floor pan definitely shows A4 silver. Not sure what happened to the car after that.

View attachment 317120

View attachment 317121

View attachment 317122

View attachment 317123

View attachment 317124

Wow! That looked nice!

I support the authors here who stated that there were no SFGT-only colors (like Steve and Carsten, among others). You could have ordered any ole' 1970 Plymouth Fury sedan in EA4. This also applies to 1970 Chrysler and Dodge Polara/Monaco. That said, I don't know how popular or rare silver metallic was among buyers that year. Green and brown, for example, probably sold far better.

Last edited:
Back