1970 sport fury GT A4 silver platinum

Now I want a silver over burnt orange GT...

i suspect this is a true 1 of 1 color combo car..... silver w red/maroon int were fairly common in other body lines however.. so who knows ... first one i have heard of.. and no v top makes it much cooler..

EA4 Silver Metallic.

Only available on 1970 Sport Fury GT models.

I.E. Sport Fury GT color only.

70_PM27_EA4_600.jpg

According to the 1970 paint option lists; lists EA4 as Sport Fury GT only.

Never say never with MoPar.

I'm NOT the worlds expert on paint, but from what I have been told and seen. EA4 is listed on factory Exterior Color Sheet as being available for Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler, C-Body platform cars. The color sheet was changed early in production for various models, and EA4 was for the Fury line only. I'm not sure when, or if it is 100%, and then it was only available for the GT.

If you wanted EA4 in anything else besides a Fury/GT, (GTX/Roadrunner et.al.) it was a special order 999 code.

This is what was shared with me. I'm not quoting it as 100% accurate. But I'm pretty sure it is.

I know what the factory chart says, but the factory "Exterior Color Sheet" came out before production started, and changes were made as to what cars were painted on the actual line.

If this isn't accurate, let's find out. It's really a minor detail anyway, does it really matter? Not really.

AFAIK...EA4 was C body only color in 1970. I have seen one 999 paint 1970 GTX that was claimed to be EA4.

70_CE27_EA4_600.jpg
70_DH23_EA4_600.jpg
79_999_GTX_2.jpg
70_999_GTX.jpg

According to the 1970 paint option lists; lists EA4 as Sport Fury GT only.

Never say never with MoPar.

I’ve found the “never say never” usually applies when people won’t/can’t/don’t know how to/haven’t had the opportunity to do research or the material was misunderstood/misleading/updated/super-ceded.

There is much factory info and detail that is known, but a lot is still unknown. That’s one reason why collecting info on surviving examples or finding factory paperwork is so important.

Last edited:
The story......EA4 / 999

Car of the Week: 1970 Plymouth GTX

“Silver was only offered in a Fury that year, but back then, you could go to the dealer and say, ‘You offer it on a Fury’ and special order it for a GTX,” Wilson said. When a non-standard color such as silver was special-ordered for a Plymouth model, the factory inserted “999” for the paint code on the car’s fender tag.

Those 999 paint codes grab Wilson’s attention, especially when they’re attached to a 1970 GTX. His affinity for the GTX is so strong, he co-founded the 1970 GTX Registry 20 years ago (www.1970gtxregistry.com). Today, the registry is an online forum through which Wilson helps fellow 1970 GTX owners and enthusiasts. Sometimes, those enthusiasts also address Wilson’s needs, including his desire to learn about unusual 1970 GTX models.

“A guy called me concerning decoding the fender tag [of a 999 paint code GTX] and having it in the registry, and a little later it came up on eBay,” he said of the EA4 Silver Metallic GTX shown here.

Back