1970 Sport Fury GT: How Many Survived?

Here’s another GT photographed by “berd boy”. He’s a 440-6 V code fanatic, but mostly finds just derelict 440 GT’s. This poor baby has had it pretty rough. Details unknown… date unknown… location unknown. Can you run that license plate? I can’t tell what the state is no matter how I examine it, but it could be a California plate.

View attachment 94749
Looks like a Washington plate. Could be an Eastern Washington car. Pretty dry in that part of the state.

Looks like a Washington plate. Could be an Eastern Washington car. Pretty dry in that part of the state.

Yeh, thats what i was thinking... another WA car. Like I said, seems like alot of these cars ended up in the pacific northwest... and Can!

Here's A nice scorch red GT in Minnesota; photographed in 2010, pulled from flikr.
GT from flicker photo 2010 minnesota.jpg

OHHH. Patch work GT!

ugly mess for sale on CL.jpg

We all know this hot mess. It was recently on a cars for sale website for a mere 1000$ and discussed here on the c bodies website at length. It was in pretty bad condition but came with a donor car if you were willing to take custody of both and pay for their transport to your back yard.

By the way, I’ve identified this car as the one posted to the registry in 2007 and “owned” by Labrecque Autocraft. Guess the rotisserie resto that was planned fell through.

Another berd-boy photo on his flicker page, this green GT is in a backyard in California. No date, no details, but its clearly in pretty rough condition
unk green GT.JPG
a GT in Cali i.JPG

Run the plate, call the owner, make an offer, right?

UPDATE: member Carsten reports that this car -in Washington state with Cali plates, was sold and is the EF8 Green Alberta Can car posted later in this thread.

Last edited:
TSK TSK TSK…. Its pretty but its not an actual GT… not even a sport fury. It’s a regular fury decked out in GT style. The tell? The “fury” badge on the side and the “small” front marker light. CHECK out the wheel centers… … I thought there was just that one type we all see. But I have now seen these “stubby’s” on several SPGT’s -So are there two center types?

David_Tod_70_GT.jpg

GT or not GT… that is the question. Another flikr post, this one in 1994 by an R Spiegelman, this car was captioned as a sport fury GT but I don’t think thats a factory colour and the stobe stipe has been replaced by a pin stripe. Again we have the “weird” stubby centers instead of the typical centers we see on the SFGT rallye wheels. Well, it is a sport fury but only the fender tag will tell us that it’s a GT.

GT or not 1994 photo by r spiegelman.jpg

This one a GT? I’m sure it must have been spotted by a member an posted here on the website already, but here it is again.
2014 CL sparks nevada 14k.jpg

On the Craigs list in sparks Nevada, 2014, I seem to recall the seller ID'd it as a GT and wanted 14k for it. It was in nice condition save the paint job –interior is great, everything works, it even still had the dual chrome exhaust tips. I like the original color too. –did it sell? Fate unknown.

Last edited:
The man-from-flickr captured another California GT in 2012, but this one was in much nicer condition.
apr 2012 cali.JPG

apr 2012.JPG

The “registry” has a GT 440-4 black w/orange interior, and white strobe stripe, in Lomita California ...and I’m wondering if this is the same one

If it's GT it's had a front fender changed. Marker is wrong

This one IS a GT. I’m sure it must have been spotted by a member an posted here on the website already, but here it is again.
View attachment 94763
On the Craigs list in sparks Nevada, 2014, the seller wanted 14k for it. It was in nice condition save the paint job –interior is great, everything works, it even still had the dual chrome exhaust tips. I like the original color too. –did it sell? Fate unknown.

Now, THIS GT has many photos all over the internet, taken from/appearing in several locations, and its even featured on a web page about the GT.
I identified all of them as this same car by virtue of the distinctive registration stack going up the driver side windshield. Regardless, its quite a handsome example of the Y4 GT in gold with V1G Gator roof.
unkniwn GT 2010.jpg

Owner had better watch out, someone out there is gunning for Gold GT's!

UPDATE: member Carsten says it was HIS for a while from 2006-2010. He sold it to a close friend and it got hit by a 62 Fury at a car show.
HA! told you someone is gunning for the Gold ones!
If I understand correctly, This GT is reportedly now in Luxembourg

Last edited:
Nice alpine white GT flikr1999.jpg

This is a nice alpine white GT photographed in 1999 owner is "Rich" according to the flickr photo caption –don’t know where this was taken, and I can’t make out the state on the Lic plate. I don’t think its a billy fury because his has the white strobe stripe. In addition, look close and this is another with the stubby wheel centers.

Update: one of the members says this car sports an Ontario plate.

Last edited:
Another GT pulled from flicker. This GT has Missouri lic plates and was photographed Sept 2009… so I’m guessing it wasn’t the Carlisle event which is typically July, right?
another GT-from missouri- posted on flicker from 2009.jpg

This is the GT we all want.. well me at least… others might hold out for a 6bbl.

A gorgeous GT 440-4 in TX9 blaaaack with nicely contrasting white interior. Has Minnesota license plates, you can find it on the sportfuryGT.com said to be run by the well known “billyfury”.
1970_Plymouth_Sport_Fury_GT_-_Black_023com.JPG

Member Rwc notices that the front fender marker light is the thin strip and not the wide slot type with "Sport Fury" marker light. I can't tell, but I defer to the more learned members of the website.
I don't think that's a thin-strip '71 style marker light. Those lenses were all orange. This one clearly has the white/clear portion of the lens, doesn't it?

I remember seeing this when it was on CL. I can't remember, but people might have had issues with it being a GT. I think there's a post on here somewhere about it. Be interesting for someone who remembers better than I to chime in.

So how many more furys does billy have… lets see…

He's got the “other” alpine white GT, this one on his sportfuryGTdotcom site.
billy furys alpine white GT.jpg

and right next to his seems to be another SFGT, which looks like one I saw captioned "Richy's Fury" in a picture of an identical color SFGT car.

Carlisle 2005, the richy fury next to the billy fury.jpg

Here they are together at Carlisle, 2005. The membership probably knows more about Richy and Billy than I do...

Last edited:
Back