1970 Sport Fury GT: How Many Survived?

1978 NYB. The original 71 GT was at Carlisle too. Not sure what year. Definitely before I started going. Looks like brougham interior? Can't believe it has an 8-track and cruise control. A/C is a big plus:thumbsup:
Orginal 71 blue GT.jpg

I'd like to mention one thing about Dave Wheeler's GT. With another GT too as a matter of fact. I sometimes watch the Mopar videos from Lou Costabile on Youtube. Why I don't know. He is a "car guy" and chooses people to interview about their cars. He walks around the cars, shows the interior, engine and fender tag etc. He showed the 70 Chrysler 300 Hurst too. Lou, interviewed Dave on his GT and when he showed the fender tag, I did not see a V6X code for the strobe stripe. Lou also featured an Alpine White GT with white strobe stripes and I didn't see a V6W stripe code either. Could these possibly be stripe delete cars, are they special orders, or are the stripe codes different for a GT than a S/23? I would think they'd be the same. Help and/or expertise would be appreciated. Thanks

As seen yesterday at a local show....T and V codes, both EB7. Both have been captured earlier in this thread but not together. The pics don't do the EB7 colour justice that's for sure. Both cars were driven to the show, the V-code is well over a hour away...quite a bit further if you took the scenic route so it does get driven.

DaveView attachment 191092 View attachment 191093 View attachment 191094

That is very cool and unusual to see. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't get over it. This will be my new wallpaper on my phone now. I bet they both were the center of attention the whole time. It's very very rare that you see two GT's at a show together, never mind two in the same color, both with no vinyl top, and one with the standard engine and one with the optional engine. Why does the T code have "turndowns" and not the standard chrome Challenger tips? Doesn't matter to me because I really like them too, but just wondering. In my opinion, I really wish the 6bbl GT had white stripes instead of black. Don't get me wrong black is good too, but I like white stripes on a blue car. Makes it "pop" more.

Last edited:
This is A burnished red-poly SFGT I found on a website called “fotodecarros.com”, photo dated 2009. Location unknown but I suspect it was in California. All the trappings of a GT, there is one peculiar note: the hood badge reveals a “383” not a 440 was optioned for this GT. A 383?? Very strange, but I believe it was indeed an option available for the GT, yes? Seems like a real GT to me, not a clone, but with no vin # there’s no knowing for sure. For now, its Fate is unknownView attachment 94717 View attachment 94718 View attachment 94719
The pics above are from Chrysler HQ in auburn Hills, MI.
I saw this car at a show in Auburn Hills today and took these. Sorry no VIN tag pics and the hood was closed but it looks like original paint to me.
F76A0783-99DA-44EF-ABAA-21F793221243.jpeg
D53A0239-9E7E-4DEF-8C02-1EEC2A3B263A.jpeg

The pics above are from Chrysler HQ in auburn Hills, MI.
I saw this car at a show in Auburn Hills today and took these. Sorry no VIN tag pics and the hood was closed but it looks like original paint to me.
View attachment 485905 View attachment 485906

THE car sporting THE color combination... There was someone sitting in a dealership in 1970 checking the exact same boxes I would have checked back then. I agree with you on the original color judging from the primer that comes through on the driver's door

THE car sporting THE color combination... There was someone sitting in a dealership in 1970 checking the exact same boxes I would have checked back then. I agree with you on the original color judging from the primer that comes through on the driver's door
And an AC car, wow!

Back