1971 Chrysler 300 with rust problem

Mechanically perfect ....but I will try to improve it's body condition within the next years, starting with the floor this winter.

Cars that have been gone through like yours has scares me. The unforseen problems of bad repairs is almost certain to surface.... Beautiful , desirable car though

One of these days I will be in the position to grab myself a nice 69 or 71 Three Hundred for myself. That's the goal post. My Newport is just a "JV" stand in for now. I will always lust after the 70' Dodge Charger R/T or 500 w/ a BB. However, the way things are now I just have to accept the fact that its less and less a reality ever time the sun goes down and comes back up.

I HATE B/J auction.

One of these days I will be in the position to grab myself a nice 69 or 71 Three Hundred for myself. That's the goal post. My Newport is just a "JV" stand in for now. I will always lust after the 70' Dodge Charger R/T or 500 w/ a BB. However, the way things are now I just have to accept the fact that its less and less a reality ever time the sun goes down and comes back up.

I HATE B/J auction.
Nothing wrong with your car. You've been making it "yours" for a long time.
Embrace it. Cherish it. Make it what you want to be. Cheaper than starting over.

Posted via Topify on Android

But he wants a 300 or a 70 charger.... No amount of personalization will fix that

Nothing wrong with your car. You've been making it "yours" for a long time.
Embrace it. Cherish it. Make it what you want to be. Cheaper than starting over.

Posted via Topify on Android
Yea I know. My Newport and I have been thru much. Lots of busted knuckles upgrading this or replacing that....lots of fun times. And yea its the same body as the 300/New Yorker cars...but I got 2 have flip up lights.

Cars that have been gone through like yours has scares me. The unforseen problems of bad repairs is almost certain to surface.... Beautiful , desirable car though
Yes, this wasn't realy what i had hoped for. But thats the risk you have to take when you buy cars without seeing it in person. I love my garage and the car so I think it's a pleasure to fix it. And when it's done it will be even better driving the car knowing that the floor is in a good shape.

HaHa...thanks, but I prefer to have the entire 300 behind the lights. A "mutant" Newport wouldn't suffice (for long,lol). BTW - is that the only fuselage in that yard, James?

HaHa...thanks, but I prefer to have the entire 300 behind the lights. A "mutant" Newport wouldn't suffice (for long,lol). BTW - is that the only fuselage in that yard, James?

Yes, unless you count the '71 Polara 4 door right next to it. As for the mutant, you could always change it back, everything bolts on, although, I have to say, I like your '70 Newport just the way it is. It looks like a nice, clean driver. More than I can say about anything I own at the moment.

Yes, unless you count the '71 Polara 4 door right next to it. As for the mutant, you could always change it back, everything bolts on, although, I have to say, I like your '70 Newport just the way it is. It looks like a nice, clean driver. More than I can say about anything I own at the moment.
Thanks, James. I saw lots of cars thru CL or word of mouth before I found mine...some REALLY bad stuff..they tried to sell me..w/ Barrett Jackson asking prices. My car literally fell in my lap...I couldn't believe it at the time....nor walk away from it. There's only one car I looked at that I have second thoughts about every know and then......and IT had hideaways. I took bunches of pictures and lots of video of this car when I went to see it. It was over in Philly. I feel bad now because I don't know what happened to it. They guy was desperate to sell it........I hate thinking about it now.

IMG_1838.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1840.JPGIMG_1880.jpgIMG_1882.jpgIMG_1888.jpgIMG_1891.jpgIMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

You had to remind us of the wagon huh?
Sorry. it comes back to haunt me from time to time. I should delete all the pics and videos once and exorcise the demons once and for all. I still have a copy of the CL ad with asking price. If I posted it you'd jump in your truck, come over here and kick me dead square in my *** for not going for it so I'm just gonna let it be.

Back