1971 Imperial coupe with sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4552263544.html

'71 Imperial coupe with sunroof and NO vinyl roof! $2K. Good deal for someone out there!

00G0G_8f1tr64ZnAg_600x450.jpg

I think they all had vinyl with sunroof and this looks like it did too. Could be a kool car.

Damn! That looks like a great buy. Sunroof cars came with vinyl..

Somebody scoop this up!

Didn't EVERY Fusie Imp coupe have vinyl because of the rear window plug?

Although the vinyl top was standard, for a short time a unique paisley-patterned vinyl top in a burgundy color was available as an option on burgundy-painted cars. It has been rumored that this top had actually been overprinted on waste "Mod Top" patterned vinyl, which had been available on some Dodge and Plymouth models in 1969 and 1970, but, according to Jeffrey Godshall, a Chrysler designer and frequent contributor to the magazineCollectible Automobile, this was not the case. With exposure to the elements, the burgundy overprint faded, and the pattern began to show through in a purple "paisley" pattern.[SUP][19][/SUP] Chrysler replaced many affected tops with either white or black standard vinyl, but some survive

No big 5 mile per hour bumperettes.

Didn't EVERY Fusie Imp coupe have vinyl because of the rear window plug?
All the LeBarons starting 1969, that is, while all 1971 and later Imperials were LeBarons. Having said that, in 1974 there was a "LeBaron Crown Coupe Package" that had a halo-type vinyl top and a regular size rear window. Also note that the difference in rear window size between Chryslers and Imperial LeBarons was not as big anymore beginning 1974.

Yup. 72'. No thick bumperettes like 73's. 72' was facelift year for fuselage Imperials. Looks kind of sad just sitting there.

Either way, '71 or '72, this looks like a good one to put back on the road for someone. Whoever removed the sunroof and filled the trim holes did a decent job of doing so. Too bad the roof paint has gone to hell on it. No telling if that is surface rust or rust-through, from the pics.

If this were my project, I'd change the color from beige to something else, no doubt. I'd go with Tuxedo Black with a white, black, or black and white leather interior. An Imperial coupe is an attractive car! The sunroof is just bonus points.

I want it right now.....abt 150 made according to the guy who has the numbers put together.

I just drove by this place abt 1.5 months ago, where the heck was this guy???????????

I want it right now.....abt 150 made according to the guy who has the numbers put together.

I just drove by this place abt 1.5 months ago, where the heck was this guy???????????

150 of them with a sunroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back