For Sale 1971 monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
71 dodge monico

00T0T_5rrHdQxvh19_1200x900.jpg

Hopefully someone brings this one back. Looking under the hood I'm reminded how much of a mechanical energy brake AC systems are.

He has the mileage at 193,000 miles. I bet this one did not go around the clock

There we go again ......in disagreement . Look at the rust hole in front of the rear wheel ... Thats an odd place for that. $3000.00 asking, you could probably get it for $2200.

Thanks for posting this ............

Always loved those tail lamps. The washer bottle alone is worth $400. Looks like a decent car at a reasonable price.

Gotta be careful about Iowa cars. For those that don't know, Iowa has a LOT of gravel roads. I would bet the underside of this car is so rusty and full of rust pits it would be hard to imagine. If you're O.K. with rust pits like the surface of the moon ok, but I would be really cautious and want to see good photos to know what you're getting into. That rust on the rear quarter of the wheel well is extremely suspect of more lurking underneath.

There are only a few "GOTTA HAVE " cars . A car in this condition is not one of them

I agree that there are only a few "gotta have cars" but it has nothing to do with the condition but the car itself.

If some shows my factory special order paint FC7 1970 Sport Fury GT I am in.
And trust me I would buy a rusty wreck in poor condition

Carsten

Apparently Your standards are lower than mine.

Let me present it to you like this, You buy this non existent "gotta have" plum 70 GT that is in horrible rusty shape.

Then, amazingly another appears in amazing original condition , low miles , with all of your desirable options and more. All of a sudden the first ' gotta have " car is no longer a gotta have .

I once bought a "Gotta have" car, the finest of its kind on the planet . ten years later the real " gotta have" car became available and in worse shape than the first . The first " Gotta have " car was no longer a gotta have car . Carsten is not thinking things through in his response

It happened to me in less then a year. I am happy with my current stable and should remain off the internet until what I have is complete...if only it was that easy.

It has probably been around once like the listing says. They don't show the front seat for a reason. Nor the underbody. Pass. I do have a 1971 Monaco 2 door in far worse condition than this one, but I bought it because it is really low miles with a good 440 in it, and most of all a pristine bucket seat interior that is nearly like new. It will be a parts car for the one I am restoring.

Except for the washer bottle, this 4 door example is lacking any good reason for investment on my end at least.

2004-01-07 11.24.45.jpg
2004-01-07 11.25.06 (1).jpg
2004-01-07 11.25.29.jpg
2004-01-07 11.26.22.jpg
2004-01-07 11.27.52.jpg

Last edited:
It has probably been around once like the listing says. They don't show the front seat for a reason. Nor the underbody. Pass. I do have a 1971 Monaco 2 door in worse condition than this one, but I bought it because it is really low miles with a good 440 in it, and most of all a pristine bucket seat interior that is nearly like new. It will be a parts car for the one I am restoring.

Except for the washer bottle, this 4 door example is lacking any good reason for investment on my end at least.

View attachment 182335 View attachment 182336 View attachment 182337 View attachment 182338 View attachment 182339
Dude. That's not a parts car....

Look again Wyatt , Im not sure where you would get all your metal to repair what you see let alone what you dont see .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back