For Sale 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury - NOT MINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostedvan

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth Sport Fury Hardtop - cars & trucks - by owner -...

Not a bad looking project though the price is up there for a small block car. It has a ton of cool options on it. Looks like it was originally GA4 with Brougham option with a black interior and top. It has Power windows, A/C, power drivers seat, Cassette on the floor, cruise control, rimblow, etc. Dash pad looks great in it, but the rest of the interior needs work. The bracing under the hood is rotten, so I'm sure its hiding more rust.

00w0w_3gXPNZGJMBh_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00101_1gH3mRf7lB_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_fTAxAcX3jyw_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_kLFNyMsWBx6_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_hSUQUtnzGIJ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Unusual to see that amount of rust on the interior of the hood without a lot of lower body rust. Would want to check the frame on this one.

Dave

Engine bay seems to wear original paint, turquoise or light blue, black top and interior. That'll be a neat car to have when finished

Unusual to see that amount of rust on the interior of the hood without a lot of lower body rust. Would want to check the frame on this one.

Dave
Dave - I'm not surprised of the surface rust under hood. Sequim is right along the edge of the Strait of Juan De Fuca, if car has been there for a while it could have been subject to some salty air. Funky climate, in Sequim, fairly low annual rain as it's in the shadow of Olympic Mountains, and is actually sometimes called sunny Sequim.

Well optioned Plymouth. Seems optimistic on price.

Yea I also figured this car sat near the Ocean for a lot of its life. I see the same kind of rot on local cars that are right by the ocean. Its a shame on this car as it was a good looker back in the day. It was for sale in Blaine earlier this year if memory serves me right.

1971 Plymouth Sport Fury Hardtop - $4500 (Sequim)

71 Plymouth Sport Fury Brougham. Good body except for bottom section of both doors, see pictures. Original interior in tact. Numbers matching 360 engine with Automatic Transmission. Runs and Drives. Factory AC and 8-Track Player. Brougham Trim with all the power options; power windows, power seats, power locks and cruise control. New Carburetor, New Brakes. Electrical wiring will need to be addressed; locks, windows, seats and head lights currently not working. Glass is in good condition except for windshield. All emblems are there except for one Brougham is missing. Hardtop will need replacement. Grill, taillights and bumpers in good condition. Call or text for to view in person or for more information, 2066833867.

I wonder what the build date is. I looks like a car a dealer would order to showcase options.

Looks like fender tag and door sticker pics were added to the ad.It is a fairly early build with a 9/24 SPD showing on the tag.
I'm not far from the car but on the wrong side of the shut down border and a cancelled ferry service.

00606_1Q8xG4kwubV_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Fury71SequimDT.jpg

Wow pretty loaded car. And again the pictures fooled me. Thought the color was light blue-ish.. Not the first time that happened with GA8.

00y0y_fLdrQolnHqY_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

This would make me nervous. An honest car with rust issues is one thing, but what is that? Someone tried bondoing over the whole passenger side? That's bad

00y0y_fLdrQolnHqY_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

This would make me nervous. An honest car with rust issues is one thing, but what is that? Someone tried bondoing over the whole passenger side? That's bad

Run Forrest, run

Yuck on the door “body work”. Weird rust. Surprised the quarters look so good...from what you can see in the pics. At first I wondered if maybe the battery hadn’t blown its top years ago and never got cleaned up.

Yuck on the door “body work”. Weird rust. Surprised the quarters look so good...from what you can see in the pics. At first I wondered if maybe the battery hadn’t blown its top years ago and never got cleaned up.

and had insulation holding it there

The more I see this car the more I think it's the Kissing Kousin to the Colorado 'DUB' modded Fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back