1971 Sport Fury GT - New Owner of the Vegas GT

I knew of it for quite awhile sitting in storage, the sad part is it was robbed of interior ,front end and back bumper. Original engine ,tawny gold with black interior and black vinyl top .console car with the headlight wash system!!

I knew of it for quite awhile sitting in storage, the sad part is it was robbed of interior ,front end and back bumper. Original engine ,tawny gold with black interior and black vinyl top .console car with the headlight wash system!!

Congrats! LMK if you need door panels or anything else. Trailer Park already bought the seats that I had. I may have parts that you need and I have someone reproducing correct stripe kits for 71 GT’s.

Thanks! Yes need black door panels, bucketvseats( if you know where some are) back seat ,back seat panels...I have the console! I have a question mine has the headlight washer but it's not showing it on the fender tag

Thanks! Yes need black door panels, bucketvseats( if you know where some are) back seat ,back seat panels...I have the console! I have a question mine has the headlight washer but it's not showing it on the fender tag
Would love to see the fender tag!

I don,t think they put a headlight washer -code ( J24 )on the fendertag...only on the buildsheet .
CMIIW......

Some options that don't require any modifications to the body aren't listed on the tag.

The headlamp washer system is likely a bolt-on affair, using existing holes, so it's not on the tag.

Jeff

No build sheet but fendertag is intact
20210306_164447.jpg

It looks like you will need the ornamentation for the fender top mounted turn signal indicators on the passenger side - might be hard to find. I think they were used only on the 1971 SFGTs and then I believe I have seen some of those models with just the single regular turn signal lights indicators without the extra ornamentation - not positive though.

Nicely optioned car overall though. Good score!

It looks like you will need the ornamentation for the fender top mounted turn signal indicators on the passenger side - might be hard to find. I think they were used only on the 1971 SFGTs and then I believe I have seen some of those models with just the single regular turn signal lights indicators without the extra ornamentation - not positive though.

Nicely optioned car overall though. Good score![

I have them they were in the car and I found the GT trunk emblem!

Looks like the "fender ports" were standard on the GT, but came in 2 flavours...with fender mount signal or none depending on if you selected for the light package.
71_Fury_3.jpg

What brand special shock absorbers did they use................? Koni.s ?

Looks like the "fender ports" were standard on the GT, but came in 2 flavours...with fender mount signal or none depending on if you selected for the light package.
View attachment 447581

This may be a pre-production printing. My understanding is that the fender mounted turn signals with the matching trim pieces were an option. Based on the photos of '71 GT's, GT's that I have seen over the years and talking with people that have had them I would say that around 50% of the '71 GT's did not have these fender mounted turn signals. I have never seen photos of a '71 GT with the standard body painted fender top turn signal indicators. In 25 years of searching I have never been able to find the NOS matching trim pieces that go on the fender behind the turn signal indicators.

This may be only the second '71 GT that I have heard about having the headlamp washer option. The only other one I recall having this option is my former '71 GT that is waiting for it's current owner to restore. While the headlamp washer system was optional on Sport Fury and Sport Suburbans it was standard on '71 Gran Coupes/Sedans. Parts are very rare for these systems and many of the parts did not interchange with the similar systems offered on Imperials and Chargers. I happen to have a few NOS parts for the headlamp washer system including an NOS reservoir/washer bottle as this system used a second reservoir for the headlamp washer system, which, as I recall, was mounted low on the core support. If your headlamps were on and you washed your windshield the system (when it worked) would also wash you headlamps via a relay. It was a part electric and part vacuum operated system.

This may be a pre-production printing. My understanding is that the fender mounted turn signals with the matching trim pieces were an option. Based on the photos of '71 GT's, GT's that I have seen over the years and talking with people that have had them I would say that around 50% of the '71 GT's did not have these fender mounted turn signals. I have never seen photos of a '71 GT with the standard body painted fender top turn signal indicators. In 25 years of searching I have never been able to find the NOS matching trim pieces that go on the fender behind the turn signal indicators.

This may be only the second '71 GT that I have heard about having the headlamp washer option. The only other one I recall having this option is my former '71 GT that is waiting for it's current owner to restore. While the headlamp washer system was optional on Sport Fury and Sport Suburbans it was standard on '71 Gran Coupes/Sedans. Parts are very rare for these systems and many of the parts did not interchange with the similar systems offered on Imperials and Chargers. I happen to have a few NOS parts for the headlamp washer system including an NOS reservoir/washer bottle as this system used a second reservoir for the headlamp washer system, which, as I recall, was mounted low on the core support. If your headlamps were on and you washed your windshield the system (when it worked) would also wash you headlamps via a relay. It was a part electric and part vacuum operated system.

Thanks for the info! I was able to clean out the car yesterday and unfortunately the passenger side headlamp washing system is missing, I dont know if I have the tank , not sure what it looks like, let me know if you are interested in selling any parts you may have...I'll start looking through the parts I saved yesterday...Thanks again you have been a awesome source of knowledge

Thanks for the info! I was able to clean out the car yesterday and unfortunately the passenger side headlamp washing system is missing, I dont know if I have the tank , not sure what it looks like, let me know if you are interested in selling any parts you may have...I'll start looking through the parts I saved yesterday...Thanks again you have been a awesome source of knowledge

I may have a used headlamp washer assembly. I can't recall if I sold it already. Will try and find what I have.

Back