For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT rare color $35K

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2604.JPG
Was it advertised anywhere? Nice looking machine. Was it similar to the S/23 that was listed and sold on here recently?

Dave

It was very similar, but better. A52, A76 and other options.

A solid, good bones car. Numbers etc.

I wanted to keep it, but there is a limit to my insanity.

Bye bye Brougham!

Last edited:
That car is stunning with the white top and accents.

That car is stunning with the white top and accents.

Thanks. It was a good car. It went to a great home,...the new owner really appreciates C-Bodies.

You guys might see it someday in your neighborhood as the new owner drives his cars.

Mea Culpa. Just got back from Florida where I was helping my dad who recently had a triple by-pass. I took a look at my '71 Plymouth Color and Trim selector book and see that I am WRONG. The Brougham seats were cloth inserts not vinyl as I had thought. The cloth inserts appear to be the only difference, other than the pattern of the cloth inserts between the Brougham and optional vinyl bucket seats. It appears that the Brougham bucket seat interior option is very rare and Can Critter is very lucky to have a car with this option.

The people on this site know their stuff.

Stay tuned for more information but the owner of this car is thinking about selling it (again). In March of 2017 the seller decided not to sell because his teenage daughter wanted him to keep it as it was her grandfather's car and her grandfather wanted her to have it. Brougham interior car.

img_20150607_120939-jpg.jpg

Doggone, now my sticker is pecking out again.
Sometimes you people should keep such news under wraps... :BangHead:

Last edited:
I will be speaking with the seller over the weekend. It sounds like he has a better understanding of the GT market and values.

The car needs interior work and a better quality paint job.

The car needs interior work and a better quality paint job.
I understand why a lot of you guys are saying that, but I think I can speak for many other guys:
As-is this car is far nicer, and far more exclusive/rare, than anything we will ever own.
And I don't get why there's some knocking that it's not a good color? It's not green or brown, the 2 classic despised colors...

I understand why a lot of you guys are saying that, but I think I can speak for many other guys:
As-is this car is far nicer, and far more exclusive/rare, than anything we will ever own.
And I don't get why there's some knocking that it's not a good color? It's not green or brown, the 2 classic despised colors...

I agree. I really like this color. Full disclosure, I tried to buy this car in March of 2017 but then the seller decided to keep it.

As is, the car is a driver that looks good until you get close or look at the interior, which has had a lot of incorrect "repairs". It appears to be a solid car but someone sprayed new undercoating under the car so there is some risk on what is underneath.

Rare car....rare color...everything else can be sorted....if frames good someone will be happy....if tall want something better or perfect be prepared to pony up some coin....like this car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back