1972 Bucket Seat Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Contact seller
I need base trim panels for 1972 NYB Bucket seats. Both Sides. Will purchase core seats if necessary to get them.

If you have them and Don't want to sell, I am friends with a professional cloner of HTF parts. I will compensate you for making them available temporarily so I may get copies.

Click on my name and select the Private Message option. Send your terms. I will reply with my email and phone number for further discussion of how to proceed.

Thank you.

How about PICTURES?

Can anyone provide a PICTURE of what they should look like?

I see the 69-71 bases are being reproduced in fiberglass. I can modify them if they're close.

It only appears to be a trim location issue, without a 1972 unit to look at for comparison....

The 69 70 trim is reproduced. The 71 .went to high back style seats, they are different. You need 71 to 73 c body trim

I have Imperial trim out the wazoo if you want to borrow some to clone.

I may take you up on that Stormer. Was it you who I saw saying they would have a pair of Imp buckets for sale soon in another thread?

Spare seats or clonable base trim would be great if they're close to matching our backs. The difference in the bases appears to be that the 69-70 has a stainless middle strip and these later ones just use a piece of door edge stripping along the top for brightwork.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if direct comparison proved them entirely different....

None of my parts are for sale but I don't mind helping a C body brother out...

DSCF0201.jpg

1971 Bucket seat trim

137741 2006 right bucket.jpg

1970 bucket seat trim

C body only ......................................................................................................

DSCF0201.jpg

137741 2006 right bucket.jpg

Ah yes. Completely incompatible. Just seing that 71-73 again put a lump in my throat when I had a flashback of breaking one as a kid. The ol man showed me how to plastic weld that day and the car was able to be returned to the owner with a better fitting piece. Funny how a visual can bring back supressed memories of child labor....lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back