For Sale 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham coupe - $8500 (Garfield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hummina hummina

1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham coupe
00M0M_dmsXC82yq9H_600x450.jpg

00M0M_dmsXC82yq9H_50x50c.jpg
00Y0Y_8x8hEXOGzpe_50x50c.jpg
01212_7bO7xZ2Tlai_50x50c.jpg
00b0b_8OezoFZ9K0I_50x50c.jpg
00x0x_fItZZ6z2hjY_50x50c.jpg
00Q0Q_9fQtjUBm4jN_50x50c.jpg
00505_1pcGIr8jIZg_50x50c.jpg
01010_Ci6xbgXDAU_50x50c.jpg
00J0J_8ffeWCBCipU_50x50c.jpg
00B0B_dsautrfODA1_50x50c.jpg
01616_f61cmVsUrKj_50x50c.jpg
00I0I_3yWNI0RpE4a_50x50c.jpg
00808_oi5j6s4cZZ_50x50c.jpg

For sale is a very nice example 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham coupe. 93,000 miles. Fully serviced and runs cherry. Drive it anywhere. Loaded with all power options availible including the factory sunroof (option M51). 440 engine, 4 barrel carburetor. Many new parts.
m8m2n-6293777955@sale.craigslist.org

Great car! Color looks nice. The condition is much better than the 73 NYB sunroof car a bought a few years back. Price is a little higher, but nothing but maintenance to do on this one. Someone should step up to the plate on this one.

About an hour from me. I just reached out to the owner to see if I could see the car. I also asked him if he had any documentation. Once I hear from him, I will report.

The earlier discussion noted the missing trim above the wide side moldings (meaning the studs were ground off and holes likely bondoed). Some people said the wheelwells looked wavy.

Personally I hope it's a great car, but those are the areas where you'll want to take note.

I noticed that the photo that shows the patch on the sub frame has been removed from the listing. I'm afraid that you may find that the quarters have been reconstructed with
upload_2017-9-11_10-17-48.jpeg

It's certainly not the end of the world when a car has had patching done to it, but you don't want to pay strong money only to have the bodywork start to bubble after a year or so. As long as the structure is sound, the old rust has been cut out and there is new metal behind the bodywork that they did, I might consider it at the right price. It's even possible, but less likely that they welded on partial quarters off of a Newport that didn't have all the trim tabs on them. The only way to know is to go check it out and see.

I think cars like this make great drivers because you don't have to worry as much about someone banging into it vs. a pristine original. With some of my better cars, I don't enjoy even driving them off of the property, but this car I'd jump in and go any time, except in salt or snow.

Jeff

Last edited:
I noticed that the photo that shows the patch on the sub frame has been removed from the listing. I'm afraid that you may find that the quarters have been reconstructed with
View attachment 142596

It's certainly not the end of the world when a car has had patching done to it, but you don't want to pay strong money only to have the bodywork start to bubble after a year or so. As long as the structure is sound, the old rust has been cut out and there is new metal behind the bodywork that they did, I might consider it at the right price. It's even possible, but less likely that they welded on partial quarters off of a Newport that didn't have all the trim tabs on them. The only way to know is to go check it out and see.

I think cars like this make great drivers because you don't have to worry as much about someone banging into it vs. a pristine original. With some of my better cars, I don't enjoy even driving them off of the property, but this car I'd jump in and go any time, except in salt or snow.

Jeff

100% agreement. That car is worthy and complete enough to warrant work, even a subframe swap. But go in with eyes open, not wallet.

Note the Auto Temp II nipples don't have hoses on them. Don't expect the a/c or heat to work........................

Sunroof isn't closing all the way again - so it is probably one of the repeats of this model for sale (there seems to be a few of them lately, or a lot of flipping of one or two).

Here is the tag for this one. I am going to have to retract this tag - this is the tag from Kingbowl's Iowa car - which is nearly identical to this New Jersey car. I go 5 years without seeing a 72 sunroof Chrysler - now two that are nearly identical pop up in the course of 3-4 months.
Scott.
FenderTag.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody ever hear of that dealer? Friday's
Cee Bodies - the original Craigslist ad was out of central Iowa. Did a quick search and there is a Friday's Service Chrysler out of Conrad Iowa. Could be it. Retraction-Retraction! Seems there are two nearly identical cars here. One out of Iowa - and this one out of New Jersey!
Scott.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back