1972 dodge polara custom new owner

@slick72 -- any chance that you might post the fender tag?

20240229_195047.jpg

Thank you @slick72

DM23G2F221678 (if I read correctly, or perhaps DM23G2F221578 ) was indeed born all black.

IMG_1376.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. If only the price was realistic, maybe someone would step to the plate and make it all black again.

Now it looks like it's being parted out? Doesn't make much sense to me but whatever.

Wow. If only the price was realistic, maybe someone would step to the plate and make it all black again.

Now it looks like it's being parted out? Doesn't make much sense to me but whatever.
Not parting out taking interior out and going different route !

Sure toss the seats and console, I Agree with that. But that's the original door panels. Dash and Rear seat.

What's your spectacular idea?

Sure toss the seats and console, I Agree with that. But that's the original door panels. Dash and Rear seat.

Again like I previously mentioned not original seat or panels or dash all donor cars not sure why your so concerned but its going to be 70s style race car with time appropriate bucket seat and rollcage the undercarriage is very rusty along with lack of original parts and also car being mine I'm gonna make it my own and enjoy it

What would folks who disagree with @slick72 do? Take a pristine all original car and do what a previous owner did to this one?

This car is, AFAICT, a good candidate for what @slick72 has in mind. The net result is that he’ll have a cool car and fun with it, and more folks will get to see a ‘72 on the road. I for one look forward to seeing what he does!

Last edited:
Just don't forget to invest in safety. Brakes, lines, tires, front steering/suspension(bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks) larger front sway bar, etc....

What would folks who disagree with @slick72 do? Take a pristine all original car and do what a previous owner did to this one?

This car is, AFAICT, a good candidate for what @slick72 has in mind. The net result is that he’ll have a cool car and fun with it, and more folks will get to see a ‘72 on the road. I for one look forward to seeing what he does!
Yes and my goal is ultimately to restore it to stock because car would look amazing and I'd love to see it factory again but with what I'm doing and with whats here if I'm not gonna use the interior parts I'd want someone who's closer to factory to use them

Just don't forget to invest in safety. Brakes, lines, tires, front steering/suspension(bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks) larger front sway bar, etc....
Yes it won't be a daily track car or anything but I'm looking into what parts are interchangeable between 72 dodges

I know it would be better factory but with parts hard to find and most of them being sold as complete cars I don't have the space for a parts car and I wouldn't want to scrap one so I'm going to try to bring her back to factory but if not I'm gonna do the 70s pro street kinda thing

I know it would be better factory but with parts hard to find and most of them being sold as complete cars I don't have the space for a parts car and I wouldn't want to scrap one so I'm going to try to bring her back to factory but if not I'm gonna do the 70s pro street kinda thing
What makes you say that interior is from parts cars? Looking at the fender tag, that's the exact interior this car came with, with the exception of the front seats and console.

What makes you say that interior is from parts cars? Looking at the fender tag, that's the exact interior this car came with, with the exception of the front seats and console.
The dash and doors are blue and Rear seat was green

Back