1972 dodge polara custom new owner

The dash and doors are blue and Rear seat was green
First, I'm glad to see something being done with the car... I knew it had some potential and realized that "stock" might not be in the cards. It could be an interesting build.

That said... If you want to, those door panels and dash are pretty easy to dye, especially since the interior is black.

First, I'm glad to see something being done with the car... I knew it had some potential and realized that "stock" might not be in the cards. It could be an interesting build.

That said... If you want to, those door panels and dash are pretty easy to dye, especially since the interior is black.
Thank you for input if you can if love a video link or just a explanation on how to do that I know I have to repair dash but I can do that

What Big-John said about dying the door panels and rear seat is good advice. That stuff works really well. It's a nice car and whatever you do to it will be an improvement. I think if you do some searching you should be able to get some of the original parts you need.

What @Big_John said. As a first pass with low money cost, this is a great idea. You can always improve things later. As @71Polara383 noted, in the photos both the rear seat pattern and the door panels look correct for the car, save (as owner @slick72 stated) for the color.

For comparison, here are pics of the M4X9 original interior (courtesy of the Hamtramck Registry Library) and of this car back in January 2024:

1709310885028.png

1709310709465.png

I am not sure how easy it'll be to score an original split-back bench, but they are out there -- as they were available on sedans, wagons, and both 2- and 4-dr hardtops.

As a first pass with low money cost, this is a great idea. You can always improve things later.
I'm always a big fan of this... Not every car needs a 100 point restoration before you drive it to Cars and Coffee at the Dairy Queen.. Get them safe to drive, maybe remove some obnoxious JC Whitney stick on junk and then have some fun. My cars are always a continuing "project" where I try to improve a little bit at a time.

I'm always a big fan of this... Not every car needs a 100 point restoration before you drive it to Cars and Coffee at the Dairy Queen.. Get them safe to drive, maybe remove some obnoxious JC Whitney stick on junk and then have some fun. My cars are always a continuing "project" where I try to improve a little bit at a time.
I agree, I just was unsure why all the interior had to go, didn't make sense to me.

What @Big_John said. As a first pass with low money cost, this is a great idea. You can always improve things later. As @71Polara383 noted, in the photos both the rear seat pattern and the door panels look correct for the car, save (as owner @slick72 stated) for the color.

For comparison, here are pics of the M4X9 original interior (courtesy of the Hamtramck Registry Library) and of this car back in January 2024:

View attachment 647160

View attachment 647159

I am not sure how easy it'll be to score an original split-back bench, but they are out there -- as they were available on sedans, wagons, and both 2- and 4-dr hardtops.
I really like the loon of those seats I wonder if I would even be able to find them whole or just frames

I really like the loon of those seats I wonder if I would even be able to find them whole or just frames
First, check out Murray Park at Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth (he's got a 1972 GY9 Polara but it is too nice to part)

Second, note that the 1971 and 1972 seats are pretty close. AFAIK, the bench rails are the same. In a pinch, you might use the seats from a 1971 Newport Custom:

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1971/71_Newport_Custom_4.jpg

Not quite what you have, but as a stop-gap, I can think worse.

1709320062266.png

Finally, post here for a "wanted" part -- worst that happens is no one responds.

@70 Sport Suburban and @71Polara383 I am sure will keep their eyes open.

I have a 71 Sport Suburban wagon with high back bench it's a parts car if you need it for a frame.

Back