NOT MINE 1972 Imperial $33,600 (Sold)

Ok much more representative of a low mileage clean car. Not like the black 2dr respray that was posted here a while back that west coast classics has still failed to sell at 49 now dropped to 42 Have yet to see even one bid.

And the red 2 door on eBay ended up 6k high bid...I think 33k is no indication for what c bodies bring, it's more a proof that if you're lucky enough you might find someone with too much money who's willing to pay whatever you ask.. I paid half for this one... and before I bought it I asked several 2 door owners what they paid/think was a fair price.15-20k is what a coupe brings, a 4 door is less. Not always apparently but if you're famous you can even sell your used underwear for thousands so value is a relative thing

IMG-20230506-WA0048.jpg

While nice, is yours as nice and original as the listed car ? By that I mean, clean, low miles, markings, stickers, mileage, leaks. Are the lips / seams on the bottom of the doors perfect? Trunk lip and channel perfect ?
There can be a very fine line between nice and very nice.

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1972-chrysler-imperial-palm-springs-ca-913670/sold

I though I'd put this up as an FYI. An indication of the value of C bodies now, (at least some). Since the worth of a car is what someone is willing to pay I like following the sale data on Hemmings, it gives a good indication of what prices are being paid.
I'm an amateur car collector and have been buying, fixing, selling and trading old cars for as long as I can remember. I've owned many mopars, mustangs, VW buses, and several early ford broncos. To me, these beautiful C-Body Mopars are an exceptional value at the prices I see them going for. This particular 72 Chrysler is amazing and at 33,600 is a bargain compared to many other all original classic cars.

I looked high and low for the last two years to find the car that I wanted for an epic road trip that my wife and I are planning. Finding our 1966 New Yorker with 37K verified and documented original miles, with cold AC in pristine condition at a sale price of 29K seemed to be very fair, especially out here in California. I did make an offer for less than that and the seller accepted.

I'm sure that many may think I overpaid.... but for me, I love this car and feel that it would have cost me a great deal more to find one that needs work and then put the time and money into making it what I want it to be. Out here in California... seams that everything is expensive. Re-upholstery = 6,000 +, Add AC = 5,000 +, a good paint job = 15,000 + and on and on...

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

Beautiful NY'er! Doesn't matter if others think you overpaid as long as your happy! It sure sounds like you are. :thumbsup:

I'm an amateur car collector and have been buying, fixing, selling and trading old cars for as long as I can remember. I've owned many mopars, mustangs, VW buses, and several early ford broncos. To me, these beautiful C-Body Mopars are an exceptional value at the prices I see them going for. This particular 72 Chrysler is amazing and at 33,600 is a bargain compared to many other all original classic cars.

I looked high and low for the last two years to find the car that I wanted for an epic road trip that my wife and I are planning. Finding our 1966 New Yorker with 37K verified and documented original miles, with cold AC in pristine condition at a sale price of 29K seemed to be very fair, especially out here in California. I did make an offer for less than that and the seller accepted.

I'm sure that many may think I overpaid.... but for me, I love this car and feel that it would have cost me a great deal more to find one that needs work and then put the time and money into making it what I want it to be. Out here in California... seams that everything is expensive. Re-upholstery = 6,000 +, Add AC = 5,000 +, a good paint job = 15,000 + and on and on...

View attachment 616284

View attachment 616285

If you bought a similar car that was solid but "needs work", you could run right past that $29K total outlay mark pretty quick - even if you do some of the work yourself. Don't ask me how I know this. . . The SAGA Begins - '66 300 Convertible

While nice, is yours as nice and original as the listed car ? By that I mean, clean, low miles, markings, stickers, mileage, leaks. Are the lips / seams on the bottom of the doors perfect? Trunk lip and channel perfect ?
There can be a very fine line between nice and very nice.

Yes it is, zero rust, history proven back to 1973, engine bay all original, interior as well.
Though I wouldn't call 78k miles super low. Always depends what you want. I think this golden 4 door is very nice to look at but will it be a reliable driver? On the first 500miles it'll probably show the downsides of a car that's been sitting forever. Crumbling fuel lines, leaking brakes, radiator fountains all over and eventually stalling due to gummed up carb or quitting fuel pump. Wouldn't be worth my money but to reach its own

Yours has 50,000 miles more ? Almost sounds like a little bitterness talking. Your presumption that everything needs to be replaced is just that.
Im certain The buyer is super happy with his purchase and would /will likely do it again .

so bitter it's almost sour :lol:I'd love to have a 20k miles car, it would be great fun to put 3k miles per year on it and enjoy the hell out of that autoMOBILE. Anyways good thing is the buyer is able to spend $33k on this 4 door so it's probably an amount of money he doesn't care about. Good for him

. Anyways good thing is the buyer is able to spend $33k on this 4 door so it's probably an amount of money he doesn't care about. Good for him

Where is that threshold?

Obviously the buyer has it to spend but that's not our concern, is it.
It's a nice original car that helped set the pricing bar.

We're probably all blessed since we can afford to spend money on cars that are just there for our joy but are quite useless otherwise...

Nothing otherwise useless about the old cars I've owned. I've multiple times taken them on errands , to my place of employment or as transportation on the weekend for the wife and I to run around.

Luxury cars are trending upwards . Even the Malaise era .
I own a 68 Barracuda , 69 340 4sp Dart Swinger and a 75 Crown Coupe . That Imperial draws the neighbors like flys !
And consider you can spend 20k on a 100k+ mile 10 year old car now so 30k for a nice classic is resonable .
IMG_9443.jpeg
IMG_9315.jpeg
IMG_1063.jpeg

Back