1972 Imperial Transport

[QUOTE="The only reason my trays go over the fender boxes or wells is because I have one really wide car that would otherwise be a little too tight between the fender wells of the trailer. Otherwise, the trays could also go down on the floor of the trailer if your cars fit between the trailer fender boxes or wells.[/QUOTE]

Something wider than a '72 Imperial??? You must tell us what this wide beast is. Inquiring minds want to know.

[QUOTE="The only reason my trays go over the fender boxes or wells is because I have one really wide car that would otherwise be a little too tight between the fender wells of the trailer. Otherwise, the trays could also go down on the floor of the trailer if your cars fit between the trailer fender boxes or wells.

Something wider than a '72 Imperial??? You must tell us what this wide beast is. Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't he referring to the Imperial itself?

Was the car you saw out of Canada or the USA? This is the only other coupe with dual air conditioning I've ever heard of - very nice...........

Thanks for the trailer kudos............I hope to never have to get another. This one can do it all except get into a small gas station or tight quarters when picking up a car.

The one I saw was in New Jersey, it was posted 5-6 years ago on the online Imperial club classifieds. The rust was everywhere, definitely the worst I've ever seen on those models. Sad that it happened to such an otherwise desirable car. I like your colour combination more though, more contrast.

Something wider than a '72 Imperial??? You must tell us what this wide beast is. Inquiring minds want to know.
Wasn't he referring to the Imperial itself?[/QUOTE]

My modified 1974 DeTomaso Pantera is much wider than any stock Imperial. Tire to tire width on this thing is 82 inches - and this is typically a small European car. I go from one extreme to the other............but I like comfort too - that's the reason for the Imperial. I know Imperials ride like a million bucks, but the Pantera is fast as stink.............

CIMG2103.JPG

Wasn't he referring to the Imperial itself?

My modified 1974 DeTomaso Pantera is much wider than any stock Imperial. Tire to tire width on this thing is 82 inches - and this is typically a small European car. I go from one extreme to the other............but I like comfort too - that's the reason for the Imperial. I know Imperials ride like a million bucks, but the Pantera is fast as stink.............

View attachment 149873[/QUOTE]
Sure, give us the view we'd see driving with you! What's in between the two extremes you've shown us? :confused:

View attachment 149873
Sure, give us the view we'd see driving with you! What's in between the two extremes you've shown us? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Anyone going from a Ford product to a Chrysler product is pretty extreme.........LOL!!!!!!!!!! I just hope the Ford starts!

Love Panteras. Assume it has 351 Cleveland power. That is definitely a difficult car to put in an enclosed trailer.

I said this black 1972 Imperial coupe would not be stored outside anymore and I just wanted to back that up with a photo. Thanks again Will for getting this setup for me - this is truly a great car. I was able to see underneath the car now that it's up in the air and wow - stellar car underneath. I do have a question though for cars that are stored outside down south, what the heck are those mud looking things that some sort of bug makes? No damage was done to the car because of these, but man, those things are gross..........

IMG_9923_.jpg

Mud dauber wasps.

No I don't have any new things going on with the car. It's still inside heated storage so it's protected -- I'm building a new garage as I will have to get out of the current garage in the next 12 months. Next spring will be a mad dash to get everything in the new place.

Back