NOT MINE 1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe - $9,150 - Chesterfield, Virginia

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 12 hours old.

1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe - $9,150 - Chesterfield, Virginia

CL Description
VIN: PP23K20197238

Very Rare model, survivor car, From New Mexico it's whole Life. Has Maine License Plates but has never driven on a road in Maine. Brought it to Virginia in 2018, Since 2018, new tires, radiator, vinyl roof, door sill plates, interior headliner. 360 Runs really nice, torqueflight transmission shifts smoothly. Hideaway headlamps function as they should. Paint is thin in a few places but no rust on this car anywhere. Chrome bumpers are in great shape. New Tail Light Lenses. Original Wheel Covers. Has the very rare Factory option of Tape Recording System (currently not functioning) AM radio, High Back bench seats with center armrest. Front seat bottoms need to be reupholstered. Bill of sale but can get a title for an extra 150 dollars. Has the original build sheet which was under the rear seat. Trunk floor is beautiful with the original mat. Turn Signals on the front Fenders, Left Drivers Remote mirror. Door panels are in beautiful shape. Replaced with new Chrome arm rest bezels in all four armrests. Power steering. Needs a new Heater Core which comes with the car, custom made. Car is equipped with Air Conditioning which isn't functioning. New Chrome Door Lock Knobs. built in December of 1971. I've had a number of people tell me they think the odometer is original, low mileage 14,547. The interior carpets and brake pads and things that normally would wear out are beautiful. The Steering Wheel has no cracks and looks impeccable. but the seats are worn and the paint, which could be due to the New Mexico Temperatures. You have to be the judge. It could be very low miles but no proof to show that.
00F0F_cvswY1YvBm9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00n0n_3JQuHGbzZiPz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_5naghmPQ1g7z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01616_5s1l5I0t0Hxz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00W0W_6r9Mvop02VZz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_lb2prQ4wUkqz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_kVHdBXWcMsvz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00g0g_a35IYnlMMy8z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00808_7ANbrwRpEr1z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Same original color combo as Medina, my 1971 Monaco. Radiator and upper hose kill the engine bay, fixable. I’d count on $1.5-2k for the seats. I’d say the car needs new rear springs, too. Still, nice GY9.

Car has been discussed multiple times since it was posted for 2k or so sitting in a desert junkyard. New owner joined this board trying to sell it. Apparently he installed a new vinyl top since then

Car has been discussed multiple times since it was posted for 2k or so sitting in a desert junkyard. New owner joined this board trying to sell it. Apparently he installed a new vinyl top since then
Can you point to any of the previous discussions? The top doesn’t look new from the FB posts.

I would like to see the other discussions.

Vinyl top appears to have a fold by the pass door top , a little rust under the emblem and two bubbles right at the bottom of the passengers side of the rear window.

Since it's back again, I'll recap what I told before about it.

I looked at this car in person when it was for sale in New Mexico. It's about as solid of a car that you'll find, with absolutely no rust in all the usual places. The issue is all the dents. They are difficult to see in the photos. The most obvious is the partially caved in right fender. Second is a very sharp and deep scrape at the bottom of the left quarter that you can't see in the picture. It runs just about the full length from the bumper to the wheel opening. The right side of the rear bumper was pushed into the body, denting the quarter, trunk lid and metal behind the bumper. The bumper is bent too. The passenger side quarter has been repainted and has quite a bit of plastic in it.

The New Mexico seller was firm at $2500. There were no keys for the car and no title. I actually did decide to buy it when I was there, but the seller wanted $500 cash for a deposit and I only had $250 with me. I was driving my tractor trailer, so it wasn't convenient to run over to the nearest ATM, which was probably quite a distance away. The seller also gave me a phone number for someone he knew that could transport it for a good price. A week went by and I never heard back from his transport guy and I got busy with my job finding loads to get me back to the east coast and kind of lost interest in the car. Sometime in the next couple weeks Osborn Tramain bought the car and had it shipped to Maine. Being a resident of Maine, he didn't need a title for the car to get it registered. Now that he lives in Virginia, he can have his Maine registration transferred to a Virginia title.

I can almost say for certain that the car has 114K, not 14.

It's a good car, but overpriced. It's solid, but still needs just about everything to become a nice reliable car. It had been off the road since the late 90's, maybe early 2000's, so there's likely to be all the usual bugs to crop up when it starts to get some use on it. Needs a dash and seats done, along with lots of body work and a full repaint. Plus I wouldn't trust that vinyl top installation at all. You can see that the window trim is now barely hanging on. All that needs to come back off to make sure the roof is prepped correctly, which I'm sure it's not. Rear window needs to come out too, the channel cleaned up, and resealed properly.

A good price for this car is around 5 grand, maybe up to an absolute max of 6 if it's your dream car and you factor in that the cassette recorder is worth about $800 by itself. The seller is likely into it for between 6 to 7 grand at this point factoring in the purchase, shipping, tires, and the repairs that he's done.

Jeff

Last edited:
I should add that I still have some regrets not buying this car.

If it was in the budget, I'd still be very tempted at $6K.

Jeff

@69monaco got a much better car for about half the asking price of this one, needing very little. It was a few years ago, so the value of 6k may not be out of line.

You can see the damage to the back of the car in this photo.

Dent in the bumper, and the trunk lid is tweaked on the right side, so now it sticks up above the quarter panel.

All repairable stuff, but it has an affect on the value.

00t0t_17xabtenpri_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Jeff

Ditto, just saw this in my morning search again and had to come back to this, just look at the brake pedal rubber wear. Seller and many others "I've had a number of people tell me they think the odometer is original, low mileage 14,547." are delusional.

Since it's back again, I'll recap what I told before about it.

I looked at this car in person when it was for sale in New Mexico. It's about as solid of a car that you'll find, with absolutely no rust in all the usual places. The issue is all the dents. They are difficult to see in the photos. The most obvious is the partially caved in right fender. Second is a very sharp and deep scrape at the bottom of the left quarter that you can't see in the picture. It runs just about the full length from the bumper to the wheel opening. The right side of the rear bumper was pushed into the body, denting the quarter, trunk lid and metal behind the bumper. The bumper is bent too. The passenger side quarter has been repainted and has quite a bit of plastic in it.

The New Mexico seller was firm at $2500. There were no keys for the car and no title. I actually did decide to buy it when I was there, but the seller wanted $500 cash for a deposit and I only had $250 with me. I was driving my tractor trailer, so it wasn't convenient to run over to the nearest ATM, which was probably quite a distance away. The seller also gave me a phone number for someone he knew that could transport it for a good price. A week went by and I never heard back from his transport guy and I got busy with my job finding loads to get me back to the east coast and kind of lost interest in the car. Sometime in the next couple weeks Osborn Tramain bought the car and had it shipped to Maine. Being a resident of Maine, he didn't need a title for the car to get it registered. Now that he lives in Virginia, he can have his Maine registration transferred to a Virginia title.

It's a good car, but overpriced. It's solid, but still needs just about everything to become a nice reliable car. It had been off the road since the late 90's, maybe early 2000's, so there's likely to be all the usual bugs to crop up when it starts to get some use on it. Needs a dash and seats done, along with lots of body work and a full repaint. Plus I wouldn't trust that vinyl top installation at all. You can see that the window trim is now barely hanging on. All that needs to come back off to make sure the roof is prepped correctly, which I'm sure it's not. Rear window needs to come out too, the channel cleaned up, and resealed properly.

A good price for this car is around 5 grand, maybe up to an absolute max of 6 if it's your dream car and you factor in that the cassette recorder is worth about $800 by itself. The seller is likely into it for between 6 to 7 grand at this point factoring in the purchase, shipping, tires, and the repairs that he's done.

Jeff
Just an FYI, The car had been gone thru mechanically, it was registered and driven in Virginia, all the repairs were done to the car in 2018 and immediately registered and taken to shows and events. There were no known problems with the car, it ran great. (a stalling issue simply was bad gasoline) The roof was replaced and the roof was repainted before the in vinyl was applied. it sold for slightly under 7,000 dollars and went to Germany. For folks that questioned the mileage, I don't think we'll ever know for certain. So much of the car looked like low mileage, particularly the engine bay after it was cleaned up. Carpets and pedals weren't worn at all. Door panels were in great shape. The car was covered in New Mexico Dust and underneath the dust it was very very clean. The 9 thousand dollar asking price was an asking price.....it was also what book value was. I think the 5 thousand dollar offers they everyone was offering was completely ridiculous. But, it's all over now, car was sold and is on its way to Germany.

good bye to Plymouth Fury.jpg

close up trunk.jpg

floor.jpg

mopar show 2018.jpg

Back