For Sale 1972 plymouth fury suburban wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesboy2

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to sell my wagon asap! I dont know if anyone on here is in or close by to the eastern shore of Maryland but I'd like to sell this thing tomorrow. I just dropped the price from 2400 to 1800. If interested please give me a call, I'll provide all the details. 410-924-4075. Thanks! I didn't want to put an insanely long description here but I guess I will, this is from my Craigslist ad: Its got 80 something thousand miles. It's got the 360 with the 2bbl Holley 2210 carb. The transmission is the torqueflight automatic 3 speed. It's got two rows of seating for 6 and the storage compartment in the back. It starts, runs, and drives, and stops. To be road worthy it will need a little bit more work but potentionally nothing major. It is factory original everything, numbers matching engine, trans, and rear. The paint and interior is all original and in pretty darn good shape. It also came with A/C, but the compressor did not have any pully's so I just took the system out. I still have it.

I did plugs, wires, hoses, rehabbed fuel tank, and cleaned and rebuilt the carb. I have a master cylinder and a new distributor for it. I never put the new distributor in cause it's made in China and i was told after i bought it they are junk.

For serious inquiries give me a call and I'll answer any question you have and provide you further details. I was asking 2400 but I meed to sell this thing today so I'll take 1800. You can reach me any time of day, my number is in the reply link above. Thanks alot and i look forward to hearing from you!

But what it does need: 1. right now it does not run or idle properly, after I cleaned and rebuilt the carb I do not know how to set the various idle screws properly and there is also some levers on the carb i don't know how to set either.

2. The brake pedal goes down from where it should be sitting normally to the point it activates the brake lights, you have to use something to hold it up. The brakes work properly and the pedal isn't mushy feeling, I don't known if it's master cylinder related or if the old cars had some sort of tensioned spring to
Hold it up or what.

3. It needs a rear main seal, it drips while running, not to the point it isn't driveable though.

4. The harmonic balancer timing marks are gone for some odd reason, so I could only time it by ear and what sounded right.

5. It needs the automatic choke solenoid thing

6. The rear tailgate window doesn't go down, I don't know if it's the switch or the motor, I never looked into it.

7. Lastly I think the engine could use a rebuild or just a swap in. It ran and drove without stalling, spitting, or sputtering, but anything beyond half throttle It was Smokey and you can hear a miss. I never checked compression in any cylinder but when I changed spark plugs one plug was toast. Maybe rings? Stuck valves? I don't know.

20180218_130509.jpg

20180218_130520.jpg

20180218_130452.jpg

20180218_130541.jpg

Last edited:
It is far too much for me to type that's why I put my phone number. I tried to copy and paste the Craigslist ad but it wouldn't let me paste for some reason

Then how about putting in the craigslist link.....

If not then why don't you provide some info as motor, trans, mileage, options ....

Then how about putting in the craigslist link.....

If not then why don't you provide some info as motor, trans, mileage, options ....
I just put the ad link in a reply post. It wouldn't let me paste it for some reason so I typed it in manually haha

I wish I was in the market, I hope someone has the time and resources to save this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back