WANTED 1972 Polara/Monaco Dash Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beep Beep Dave

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a 1972 Monaco Dash Pad. Prefer a black one but I would consider any uncracked ones.

If anyone can school me on which dash pads will interchange so I can broaden my search I would appreciate it.

I could pick it up in July at Carlisle to save any shipping hassles.

Please PM here on the board.

Thanks,
Dave

A few years ago while walking the field I happened upon a black 69 Fury pad, crack free for 125...... I offered him a hundred, he declined. I didn't need it and I don't blame him for holding tight. An hour later it was gone. They are out there, just gotta be the one there first

I believe 72/73 Dodge/plymouth C body are the same
I am not sure of what the cost will be, but Bob at ABCmoparts is presently in possession of my 1972 Dash Pad to make mold for others

He told me he might have it done in a few months.

I am not sure of what the cost will be, but Bob at ABCmoparts is presently in possession of my 1972 Dash Pad to make mold for others

He told me he might have it done in a few months.

And he has two from me, so Bob is serious. But will you pay the circa $800 for one? That particular pad is really hard to find in good used condition, as the plastic used in it from the factory doesn't hold up very well in even mild weather. The used pads I gave Bob were perfect because they were gathered probably 30 years ago and kept in a cool garage. It hurts to give them up because they will be destroyed in making the mold. So I hope you guys needing one will pony up.

And he has two from me, so Bob is serious. But will you pay the circa $800 for one? That particular pad is really hard to find in good used condition, as the plastic used in it from the factory doesn't hold up very well in even mild weather. The used pads I gave Bob were perfect because they were gathered probably 30 years ago and kept in a cool garage. It hurts to give them up because they will be destroyed in making the mold. So I hope you guys needing one will pony up.

I don't see ponying up $800 USD for a dash pad, maybe if the car was mint and that was the last piece I needed but that's not the case.
I am glad they are being reproduced though...good to know. Its nice that you guys stepped up to make that possible.

Keep an eye out for a B+ dash pad for me.

Dave

They are out there, just gotta be the one there first

And recognize what it is...a quick story...one year at Carlisle there was a guy selling a ton of C-body NOS body parts...there were quite a few fenders, and quarters. Everything was really reasonably priced. Anyway I got to looking at the trunk lids and asked the guy what the one fit...he asked me what I had...'70 Sport Fury...yep that's a '70 Sport Fury trunk lid...just as I was getting ready to buy it when my buddy pointed out the lock was centred in the lid and of course the Sport Fury's are offset to the passenger side. Who knows what I would have bought lol. Probably would have still been worth it as it was something like $75. We still laugh about it though.

Dave

No, I didnt BUT i didnt walk the swap like I usually do....kinda breezed through it

I didn't see one there...did you? I noticed that my car actually has a 3 speaker dash...still hunting.

Dave

Yes, your car is very weirdly optioned. I envisioned a sales manager being fired, heading back to "clean out his desk" and ordering that car as a final F-U to the dealer owner. :D

I sent Bob one of my pads as well so he should have a few cores on hand. $800.00, half the price of Not Just Dashes.

Yes, your car is very weirdly optioned. I envisioned a sales manager being fired, heading back to "clean out his desk" and ordering that car as a final F-U to the dealer owner. :D

You would think that but it was a late build and sold fairly quickly.
1972 Monaco Wagon Tag.jpg
Monaco 19.jpg

I just thought I'd bump this one back to the top.

Not asking for a lot...just a nice black 3 Speaker Dash...may take a single speaker in a different colour.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back