For Sale 1973 Dodge Monoco Brougham E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not.... I presume your cars are generally gone through.

IF this car really did sell for the fifteen then it was because of the complete package...color combo especially

Being a naturally suspicious person I am suspicious of this.

t***b has been bidding in small increments up to April 30th and his last bid before May 4th. Then we have l***l coming in at 13 minutes before the end of the auction for $111 over the $8000 bid. This exposes t***b maximum bid and his maximum bid on the night of the 30th was $15,000! That is $7200 more than the standing bid at the time and and a departure from his earlier incremental bidding. Then someone, who hasn't bid before comes in with six seconds left and bids $15,100 to win. Knowing what we already know about the seller I'll watch this one to see when feedback shows up.

Yes, I generally don't want anyone who buys my cars to be disappointed, so I eliminate leaks and other problems that would be a nuisance to deal with for a new owner. In the end, I usually don't make much if any money though. Other guys just sell stuff that looks nice and then when the car arrives, the real story begins. I can't do that.

I did follow the ebay auction the last minutes and 12 seconds before ending it go,s from $8200,-to 15100,-.

(Ooh sorry , didn,t see the post from tbm3fan above.......)

Last edited:
If that's the going rate for a nice C body then I'm done looking for a nice one. I get too much fun out of driving my 2-3 thousand dollar not so nice ones.

I hear you. I can't believe that even a really nice 4 door 73 Monaco with a lot of options could bring that kind of money. Maybe a 2 door, but even then.............

I guess all it takes is a couple bidders who really want the car and are willing to go to the moon to get it, assuming all is right with the auction.

I hear you. I can't believe that even a really nice 4 door 73 Monaco with a lot of options could bring that kind of money. Maybe a 2 door, but even then.............

I guess all it takes is a couple bidders who really want the car and are willing to go to the moon to get it, assuming all is right with the auction.

And of course we talked it up here, lurkers with deep pockets get excited and then go into a bidding frenzy...or it could be a scam. Who in their right mind would give 15k to a guy with 50% positive feedback, and only one other sale under his belt?

Wow, 10-12k max provided its PERFECT. What is a Coupe worth if this price is legit or a really rare high performance car like a ex-squad.

I'm sorry, I don't see it. The bidding record is suspect, and 15k could be Invested much more wisely. Very odd, it is.

I like C bodies, but not that much.

To me the first auction that had the car at $8000 was just about right for the car. We may like big huge cars yet the market for such cars is smaller and getting smaller as time passes. A top #3 to a low #2 car falls into this $8000 on many different sites. Either someone was too stupid to research the car, or simply just had to have but why go from bidding in $100 increments and then throw in a $7000+ bid. Makes no sense. At B-J I could see it since many times the people bidding there are doing it for their ego, show off their money, and beat the other bidder which is the point of auctions.

Oh, and looking at Hagerty, I don't pay too much attention to their values but do pay attention to their time line of prices from 2006-2015. I see my Mustang rising dramatically in value since the end of 2012 in all grades. My Cougar rising slightly in value. On the other hand the Park Lane and Polara show no change over the last 9 years. Monacos are also flat during that time. This is why I see this as an aberration and all aberrations that don't fit the typical profile need to be looked carefully a second time.

Tragic. If not downright discouraging

Xgh8X8H.jpg

Yes, I generally don't want anyone who buys my cars to be disappointed, so I eliminate leaks and other problems that would be a nuisance to deal with for a new owner. In the end, I usually don't make much if any money though. Other guys just sell stuff that looks nice and then when the car arrives, the real story begins. I can't do that.
A genuine guy then , There ain't many left .

You'd think after the seller backing out at 6,500 you should not bid again...... but no.... he bid it up to 15,000 thinking things were going to be different.

You'd think after the seller backing out at 6,500 you should not bid again...... but no.... he bid it up to 15,000 thinking things were going to be different.

I bet he bid it to win just so he could stiff him and give him more bad feedback. Love to know the whole story here.

I would too. If that's the case the seller took a bath twice with negative feedback. He's been a member since 2012 and only had 4 transactions.....

I bet he bid it to win just so he could stiff him and give him more bad feedback. Love to know the whole story here.

Funny...the latest negative feedback is from the "winner" from the first time around, i***a, but if you look at the bid history, the 15,100 high bid (and winner?) was from some chump named s***c.
Am I missing something here?
WTF?
Edit: I don't even see Mr. i***a on the bidder's list.

temp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back