NOT MINE 1973 Fury III 2 door PROJECT

It would be nice to keep them all... It would take a bigger budget and more space.... and then someone to do the hard work so I just wax and drive. Think Jay Leno... LOL.
Yep. Some folks are blessed to have caretakers for their cars. I don't think I'd ever be able to stay away even if I was in that postion. Maybe in 20 or 30 years my mind will change, but its doubtful. I just love the tinkering and feeling of satisfaction I get when making that repair, troubleshooting an issue, resolving a cosmetic defect, and my favorite...repairing that cancerous metal.

Yep. Some folks are blessed to have caretakers for their cars. I don't think I'd ever be able to stay away even if I was in that postion. Maybe in 20 or 30 years my mind will change, but its doubtful. I just love the tinkering and feeling of satisfaction I get when making that repair, troubleshooting an issue, resolving a cosmetic defect, and my favorite...repairing that cancerous metal.
I with you on that. I enjoy the mechanical side of it... Except for dealing with rusty metal. I'm quite over that.

crazy old cat lady .. with a hat :poke:.

ugh ... i'm sick . first step to recovery.

They need to make a similar decal kit for old car collector people.

1707358949756.png

Well I couldn't answer quickly the question of how many cars do you have? And to date I have never combed my hair with a shoe.

And I think I have several more motorcycles than cars.

I am getting closer to wanting less cars, like 2 a running beater and a nice car. But that is a time and age influenced vision.
I was at work 2750 hours last year and on the road about 550. Had about a month of only 40-45 hours a week and made hay on one car for several weeks. A chevy....

Before you guys start deciding how many cars is ideal, I submit a man about 50 miles from me with a collection of Ford Crown Victorias. The vast majority of them are the P71 police package. There are a few Impalas and Chargers in the mix.
Last count I heard was 85 of them.
He's got 8 on eBay now, says he is downsizing because of space constraints, will be listing about 30 of them.
They all look like new.
Search "world's largest collection of Crown Victorias."

Ideal is for the average citizen. For that on this board 2-3 is about maximum. Beyond that space, time, money, maintenance is uncontrollable.

Your crown vic guy obviously has been out of control for years. He admits its too many.

The fellows with 40 plus cars on this board are very well off. I admire their passion . The cars are very well taken care of.

Before you guys start deciding how many cars is ideal, I submit a man about 50 miles from me with a collection of Ford Crown Victorias. The vast majority of them are the P71 police package. There are a few Impalas and Chargers in the mix.
Last count I heard was 85 of them.
He's got 8 on eBay now, says he is downsizing because of space constraints, will be listing about 30 of them.
They all look like new.
Search "world's largest collection of Crown Victorias."
Wow, I hadn't heard of this Crown Vic collection.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/largest-collection-of-police-cars/

Here's his ebay page:
| eBay

Last edited:
Unloading them all at once is flooding the market. Wouldn't it be better for the seller to have kept a low profile, released one a month and likely get top dollar for each?
I sold two Polaras and the market was saturated for the third.

Past 15 years I have had eight P71 CV's, at most two at a time. Love 'em. fast, good fuel economy, no problem finding parts, etc)

Only one I have now is this 2009, 92K miles. they went EOP after 2011 models.

Yeah, I have the original wheels/tires (street-appearance package, still makes people (my only annoyance with these cars) slow down/pull over/flip me off when they see an "old man with hat" driving).

PXL_20230915_231833999.jpg
PXL_20230915_231930374.jpg

IMG_9977.JPG

Back