1975 Imperial Rear Disc Brake Restoration... and lack of sale...

Hey Bob, can we hang out together? You know I'm a deplorable....:rofl:

Of course you can Kenny!

I'm not really an ELITIST.....

All of you know that I've been a Warfighter my whole adult life. Everyone is welcome to hang with me.

:usflag:

What's so bad about "a flipper"? Just that it might increase the ultimate selling price a bit, BUT the parts/items are still available for somebody willing to pay the price . . . whatever it might be. Obviously, some tend to perceive they can make more than they really need to, though.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
While, in general, we don't use the term as endearment... lots of folks around here buy and sell to support their activities. As much as I am not a seller, I have to at least appear to be in the sales business to continue my swap spaces at Carlisle. So I will bring some small stuff I need to get rid of anyhow. Mostly it will be key blanks, Curtis Clippers, and lock stuff... but just today I scored a decent set of driver wheel covers for my Imperials, something I wanted to have in reserve. The wheel covers will be free once I sell off the rest I had to buy in the package... anyone restoring a late 80's Tempo?
00m0m_e8txOGRTygO_1200x900.jpg
00E0E_aLlSzE2hd5O_1200x900.jpg
00505_7svJW8IgrkV_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_jwiu1MrJcM1_1200x900.jpg
00F0F_e2O7ukTxYc6_1200x900.jpg
01616_du1v6kb19hv_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_5f5wmHMSNU2_1200x900.jpg
00Z0Z_9owSwzef17b_1200x900.jpg

"50 vintage hubcaps
4(1964) Malibu SS
6(1965) Impalla SS
4 Ford
4 GMC
4 wire spoked crown in center
4 firebird
8 kt-808 13" plastic
3 kt-927 15" plastic/chrome
2 kt-825 13" plastic
2 Mazda b459-37170 (87)
Hyundai center insert hub 52960-30310-1
1 XL hubcap
1 SS different from sets
GMC centet cast aluminum?
7 misc hubcaps
2 beauty rings fait condition
All for one money.
Cash only. Pick up only!"

I'm going to be done here, too.
Ya, i got ticked off, when somebody that doesn't have any interest in purchasing parts from me, has to make some kind of comment to muddy up the ad.
In this case, in my eyes, i perceived it to be, someone criticizing me in that i can't sell the parts being a "flipper"
So then, i prefer web sites that if you need to ask a question or two, you do it in a private message, between the parties.
So you guys won't see me anymore around the ad sections, and the open forums, when this runs it's course.

And still to this day, i am not a internet, computer, literate man in my old age.
I didn't even get a computer until i was 50 years old, and can just do the simplest of things on it.
Call me technically challenged, if you will.
I still have a land line telephone, and never used a smart phone, in my life.
Being low tech was not the problem...

For what its worth (FWIW), you should view the commentary as an bump for the ad... many folks only look at the first page or two of new postings... which relates back to @Dobalovr bringing the original ad to my attention.

Those SS covers and that XL will get you some $$ on Ebag.

Kevin
I figure I have to start selling somewhere... for the moment, consider this my offer to anyone who see's something they need... other than the "Fire Bird" wheel covers :lol: The seller had a good time informing his wife what those belong to...

I’ll take the imperial ones!:thankyou:

I think you got some valuable inventory in that bulk-buy. In addition to the Chevy SS items, those GMC wheel covers ('69-'72) are pretty rare, too. ALL look to be in very good shape, too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Well, you'd be amazed at the members of this forum, some who initially appear to be !@#% turn out great guys and girls, what we try (and actually do) is help each other, case in point - I was musing that it'd probably be almost impossible to locate a special tester for the ATC climate control and within 24 hours I owned one.

Amazing

I’ll take the imperial ones!:thankyou:
are these spoken for? 72-73? right?
View attachment 246159
Sorry fellas, those are why I bought the mess. The owners wife decided they must go to a firebird or thunderbird... it tickled them that those were my motivation.
Thank you Kevin, I wasn't quite concerned enough, yet, to research them. I knew they'd be worth something to someone... I won't be listing them until after my trip west.

While, in general, we don't use the term as endearment... lots of folks around here buy and sell to support their activities. As much as I am not a seller, I have to at least appear to be in the sales business to continue my swap spaces at Carlisle. So I will bring some small stuff I need to get rid of anyhow. Mostly it will be key blanks, Curtis Clippers, and lock stuff... but just today I scored a decent set of driver wheel covers for my Imperials, something I wanted to have in reserve. The wheel covers will be free once I sell off the rest I had to buy in the package... anyone restoring a late 80's Tempo?
View attachment 246101 View attachment 246102 View attachment 246103 View attachment 246104 View attachment 246105 View attachment 246106 View attachment 246107 View attachment 246108
"50 vintage hubcaps
4(1964) Malibu SS
6(1965) Impalla SS
4 Ford
4 GMC
4 wire spoked crown in center
4 firebird
8 kt-808 13" plastic
3 kt-927 15" plastic/chrome
2 kt-825 13" plastic
2 Mazda b459-37170 (87)
Hyundai center insert hub 52960-30310-1
1 XL hubcap
1 SS different from sets
GMC centet cast aluminum?
7 misc hubcaps
2 beauty rings fait condition
All for one money.
Cash only. Pick up only!"

Those wire covers seem to be from a Ford Gran Torino/Elite, but I may be wrong.

@DocMcNeedy Those look a bit shallow for 70-73, so I say they´re 74-75.

Those wire covers seem to be from a Ford Gran Torino/Elite, but I may be wrong.

@DocMcNeedy Those look a bit shallow for 70-73, so I say they´re 74-75.

I'm not sure Jay, but I think I'm insulted:poke:

The wire wheels that I put on Old Red (@DocMcNeedy 's car now) are true wire wheels. When I bought the car, it had some, POS fake wires on it. I liked the look, but they were real pieces of crap! The holes were all elongated, cheap crappy wheels were out of round, wire baskets were loose and unable to be centered properly. So I searched all over and bought new REAL wire wheels for it. Costed me a fortune!

Back