For Sale 1977 Plymouth Gran Fury POLICE PACKAGE 440 Engine - $6000 (Azle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE!!!... This car appears to have a little more rust/rot than my #1 PK41 Turnpike Car did back in 1982.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/1977-plymouth-gran-fury/6651143633.html

title status: clean

00b0b_fGbuURKur0j_1200x900.jpg

01212_cOtk7pSaxqs_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_fv0naQEUFXC_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_7jXusDZEPhm_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_hJghAGzk0Pg_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_gf3UvtF6bUt_1200x900.jpg

00505_kyR2jHU9oHB_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_kuhOuhPgnKJ_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_l9VROoVjfqu_1200x900.jpg

01717_bnf6amFeAPy_1200x900.jpg

00707_9kK2xEPVYjX_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_4okJ8YyInMx_1200x900.jpg

Some extra ones from the Imgur site

upload_2018-7-24_15-48-3.jpeg

upload_2018-7-24_15-48-34.jpeg

SEXY! Wished my 77 PK41's came with this option.

1977 Plymouth Gran Fury POLICE PACKAGE 440 Engine - $6000 (Azle).049.jpg

I'm selling my genuine police package 1977 Plymouth Gran Fury with a 440 engine.

These cars are becoming very very hard to come by, especially complete and in this condition. The car served with the Lea County Sheriff out of New Mexico during its time in service.

This Plymouth comes with all the heavy duty police package-spec stuff you'd expect such as the larger alternator, heavy duty brakes, extra cooling goodies, etc. The car is in remarkable condition for its age. It came with the upgraded fabric/vinyl seating instead of the basic all-vinyl seating. All the chrome still shines and the rear seat looks like it's barely ever been sat on. It has the things typical of a police package including the rubber flooring, "certified" speedometer, and a hole for where the spotlight was mounted on the drivers side A-pillar. While in service it had equipment mounted on the floor between the driver & passenger, it also has an extra antenna on the rear quarter panel (presumably) for police stuff.

The car runs, drives, stops, and is very close to being road worthy, the only thing holding it back is the vacuum leaks. The paint is pretty much all original and presentable, the trunk lid looks to have gotten touched up at some point in white. All of the door seal rubbers are intact and in great condition, they're not all perished and worn although a couple of the window felts will need attention. All of the upper door panels are in amazing condition with some minor "chalking" to some of the lower plastic panels, the front seat will need to be reupholstered. The headliner and the flooring is complete and in pretty good condition, there is some minor cracking to the rubber flooring in places but it can be patched easily enough.

Things I've replaced:
- Rebuilt the gauges on the speedo (speedometer, gas, and alternator gauges)
- Rebuilt Carter Thermo-quad Carburetor
- Brakes
- Fuel float
- Distributor
- New tires
- Fuel pump
- Plugs & wires
- New taillights
- A very good condition used uncracked dash pad
- Heater box

Things that need attention:
- There are vacuum line leaks that need to be addressed
- There is a minor rust issue on the lower right rear quarter panel and two small punctures in the centre of the trunk pan due to the trunk not being closed properly before I got the car, thus letting water into the trunk.
- Needs a front audio speaker
- Needs a blower motor (could be just a wiring issue though)
- There is a ground (wire) issue that causes the gauge oil & temp hands to raise, usually on start-up
- The carb needs some tinkering to get it tuned correctly

Aside from the things listed above in the "replaced" category this car is unmolested and all original.

The Plymouth comes with a clean and clear title.

This is your chance to own a rare and authentic police package '70s Mopar, no clone or copy here. Don't miss it!

Link to many more photos:

Here is a short video of the car starting and running along with a walk-around of the car:

Please no time wasters, serious people only.

post id: 6651143633 posted: a day ago updated: a day ago

Oh Well, that was quick, went to refresh the page and Whoola!

"This posting has been deleted by its author"

Was going to say go to the Imgur site for many 40+ hires photos.

she's a runnin' kinda rough but pretty complete otherwise, with no rust issues that would scare me off it. i'd still wanna see it if i was a buyer to confirm the rest of the obvious cop stuff is still there, and inspect how thin the trunk pan is.

and until then, given what it may need and what I'd wanna do interior-wise, $6K is on the bleeding edge for ME. in other words, IMHO, it may be hard to get that price "as is".

Hope it winds up in the hands of a cop car lover ready to put a little money in it. seems like that musta happened to it ?? :)

That semi-restored, nothing-really-wrong-with-it, super-shiny, copper 75 GF that was on here a few months ago for $6000 looks even more like a steal compared to this one. That one had a 400, this one is an E85 440, IMO the 440 on this one isn't an upgrade considering how much work it needs. Other car was RTG, the member that bought it is a lucky roller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back