1978 Dodge Magnum 360 for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were Dungarees and there were trousers. My dad still calls them trousers.
i have a pair of brown chords now, hated them back then when I didn't have a choice, now I choose to wear them every once in a while.

I can honestly say that I never had parachute pants.

I've had a pair or two....

82ndscoutsnipers.jpg

While we're on the subject, when I was a kid, my mother used to buy me dungarees. WhenTH did "dungies" become JEANS?

Posted via Topify using Android

No item of clothing is more American than the blue jeans invented in 1873 by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss. These two visionary immigrants, turned denim, thread and a little metal into the most popular clothing product in the world. Waist overalls, was the traditional name for work pants, which is what these first jeans were called. The word jeans became more popular around 1960 when the baby-boom generation adopted the term for its favorite type of pants, blue jeans..

No item of clothing is more American than the blue jeans invented in 1873 by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss. These two visionary immigrants, turned denim, thread and a little metal into the most popular clothing product in the world. Waist overalls, was the traditional name for work pants, which is what these first jeans were called. The word jeans became more popular around 1960 when the baby-boom generation adopted the term for its favorite type of pants, blue jeans..
Nice, Bob. Learned something new. I always wondered how the word "jeans" came about---cause I've never known any other word for them.

I remember the term "Levi's" used a lot in the 60's and 70's.

That was insane then......still is to me today. I would never pay $100+ for a pair of jeans because it has a name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back