1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

disclaimer: I'm not plugging this dealer. It popped up coincidentally on a FB group today. Actually, I said before I wouldn't go out of my way to present their inventory anymore. But, just for the sake of market research in comparison with Richard's NYB...and in this one instance...compare this NYB with the photos, video, mileage, presentation, price...against what we know about Richards. *And, then completely forget about the dealer.

1977 Chrysler New Yorker

disclaimer: I'm not plugging this dealer. It popped up coincidentally on a FB group today. Actually, I said before I wouldn't go out of my way to present their inventory anymore. But, just for the sake of market research in comparison with Richard's NYB...and in this one instance...compare this NYB with the photos, video, mileage, presentation, price...against what we know about Richards. *And, then completely forget about the dealer.

1977 Chrysler New Yorker

Wow! I like this one a lot better than Richard's. It's in better condition than Richard's low mileage car!

It has manual A/C and the Lean Burn has been converted.

Has the correct hood ornament.....

As nice as this one is I still think that Stan's NYB is still the best Formal available on the market right now!

BTW, Stan's 1976 NYB is available on EBay right now.

His car is COMPLETELY DONE and NEEDS NOTHING! You can drive it from coast to coast and just put gas in it.

Take a look you won't be disappointed.

Wow! I like this one a lot better than Richard's. It's in better condition than Richard's low mileage car!

It has manual A/C and the Lean Burn has been converted.

Has the correct hood ornament.....

As nice as this one is I still think that Stan's NYB is still the best Formal available on the market right now!

Ah don't get too excited, IMHO that's a well cared for over 140k car.
Have we been down the road on this one before?

Question: Is the off color steering wheel the norm?

Ah don't get too excited, IMHO that's a well cared for over 140k car.
Have we been down the road on this one before?

Question: Is the off color steering wheel the norm?

There is no way that car has 140k miles on it.

Must be the lighting or the flash. The steering wheel looks like the normal color in other pictures.

Screenshot_20190310-121743_Chrome.jpg

There is no way that car has 140k miles on it.

Must be the lighting or the flash. The steering wheel looks like the normal color in other pictures.

View attachment 267973

Yea it's got 40k if all those miles were on snow & salted roads up north.
Steering wheel closeup shows many nicks & scars.
Headliners aged & roached for a luxury car.
Highway sandblast pitting on outside mirrors.
Black wiper painted motor? Re-manufactured?
Looks to be some rattle can dress up on other parts too.
Alternator is showing proper age corrosion but the 2 stickers (one with 800#) on it leads me to believe re-manufactured, why on a 40k car?
Suspected replacement ignition module, maybe part of leanburn conversion so moot.
Valve covers scared up a little much for low miles, heavy handed steam/pressure washing? Knocked around on the work bench for gasket replacement?
Driver door sticker shows marks, and the repaint, unusual IMO.

Shall I go on?

At least now they are putting this disclaimer in as I would gander from their lawyers advice.

"If marked as such, the Owner states, this vehicles as numbers matching and/or original mileage. It has not been verified by Gateway Classic Cars. As such Gateway Classic Cars is not guaranteeing the authenticity of this claim. Buyer is encouraged to verify this information on their own, prior to purchase."

But look on the bright side, Gateways Positive Feedback is up to 90.2% now!

Well Richard?

Did you get your $50,000????

You must of sold it by now......because we haven't heard any of your bullshit lately.

Be honest.....did you get $10k? Less?

We probably will never hear from you again unless you find another grieving estate sale.

I just checked his profile and he was last seen here on February 25, we'll likely never hear from him again.

Hope he got $$$$ If the car sold, but that's unknown at this point. Maybe someone tracked the sale???

Still has it, I found it by accident. I'll take a closer look when time and weather allow.

I believe reality is starting to resonate for old Richard.

He either got ahold of the car super cheap or paid at the limits of value (maybe $15k). I doubt that he bought it at the high end. Probably got it for almost nothing and tried to make a killing on it.

Nothing wrong with trying but if a heap o'**** piles down on you, you know you were trying wrong. This idiot wouldn't man up to being grossly unaware of reality even when experts tried to reason with him.
Hope he gets totally f****d over!

Nothing wrong with trying but if a heap o'**** piles down on you, you know you were trying wrong. This idiot wouldn't man up to being grossly unaware of reality even when experts tried to reason with him.
Hope he gets totally f****d over!

So true....LOL.

Maybe he'll pop back up.

Back