1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

I roll down the window, put both hands on top of the sterring wheel, and it's all, Yes sir, No sir, Whatever you say sir. And don't look down as if going to grab something.

When I get pulled over (twice now) the officer asked me if I could open the hood. No tickets.....just admirers.

:thumbsup:

I have 2 Formals and believe me sometimes I wish they were more valuable....but they aren't....plain and simple! A few of you guys know what's going on here. The seller of this car.....who knows nothing about these cars.... has "Flipper Fever" and is trying to unload this thing before the next market crash or economic downturn!

You know Robert, I think this guy is symptomatic of the mindset of a lot of folks in this country lately. Ignore the experts, consult them in case they might agree with you, but call them "fake" when don't like their answer (or maybe they have an agenda, as in this case to get you to sell this valuable car way below its real worth to try and make a fool out of you), and just go ahead and trust your "gut" to lead you because, after all, you are one of the smartest guys in the world - because you have an incredibly low mileage formal Chrysler and the peons don't. You know what it is really worth!! And don't do any investigation on your own to learn the facts because it isn't necessary. And, viola, the money will roll in! :lol:

Last edited:
I received zero bids, zero offers, and only two inquiries.
One from the tire kicker above and one from a guy who "had one just like it" and wanted to shoot the ****...
54 Watchers I suspect 53 of them were FCBO members.
No post auction low balls, either.
Wtf.... :realcrazy:

Even I, Debbie Downer, am shocked.
I’m just curious, if it sold what would you drive?

Honestly? I've totally lost any interest in owning any car. Really.
That's another thread, though...
My life has totally changed in the last few years.

I'm sorry to hear that, Stan.

I rarely comment nowadays, but your statement makes me to...

I hope all the best for you! You are one of the icons in the C-body world, and I hate to see you have to give up your last C.

Take care.

Honestly? I've totally lost any interest in owning any car. Really.
That's another thread, though...
My life has totally changed in the last few years.

I mentioned in another thread that I was jonesing not driving the NYB because of the shitty weather here.

When I'm not feeling good physically or mentally...jumping in the NYB and going for a cruise. Even if it's just around the block, brings me a little joy that for a minute I can put aside the pain that bothers me.

Someone once said that the root of all misery was the desire to own more possessions.

I don’t know if I could give them up yet, but once the vert is done, driving it in New Jersey will certainly bring on the misery.

When your in Ill health or long term injury....it really brings things into perspective. All of a sudden you don't think about old cars or other superficial stuff! Anyway, I'm sure most of you guys feel the same.

Someone once said that the root of all misery was the desire to own more possessions.

I don’t know if I could give them up yet, but once the vert is done, driving it in New Jersey will certainly bring on the misery.
Being from NJ I feel your pain ….. Now if you want to ratchet that misery WAY up try driving one of these Big Boys down here in FL with these numb nuts! I swear every traffic law down here is merely a suggestion! While I'm ranting, do FL cars NOT come with turn signals as standard equipment or are they just dullards that can't figure out what that stalk sticking out on the steering column is for?

Last edited:
So...........
Has the car sold, yet? :rolleyes:

hiking-1245883_1280.jpg

I really like Stan's car. His is a paint scheme Chrysler should've offered. But, Oldsmobile did on the 88 and 98 in the late '70s, as did Buick on the Riv and Electra 225.

Richard, if you are still with us...if car is still for sale...maybe you went temporarily underground?
this is how I would suggest you present your NYB.

Back