1978 NYB New Engine.....

That is awesome, enjoy the fruits of your labor by putting on the miles before your short winter. I enjoyed following along on this journey. With all you have done to it the car should have a long and enjoyable life:thumbsup:

That is awesome, enjoy the fruits of your labor by putting on the miles before your short winter. I enjoyed following along on this journey. With all you have done to it the car should have a long and enjoyable life:thumbsup:

I hope to enjoy the NYB for many more years to come before handing it off to my 22 year old nephew.

Won't be any burn out video's with the 8.25 rear. That small rear can't handle the abuse and if I break it I won't be able to drive it all.

Next project will be a 9.25 SG with 3:23's.

Are you still running the stock style starter Bob? Sounded like it in the video.

Yes, I had a new style gear reduction starter on it and I didn't like how close the positive stud was to the block. Just too dang close for my liking. So I put the old reliable starter back on it.

You must feel like a young man again, Bob. :thumbsup:

Yes I do......

FB_IMG_1514600236706.jpg

How many miles do you have on the engine now? You have to been driving a lot. I know I would be:D At Carlisle next year you can sell tickets to the FCBO guy's for test drives and recoup some of your investment.:lol:

How many miles do you have on the engine now? You have to been driving a lot. I know I would be:D At Carlisle next year you can sell tickets to the FCBO guy's for test drives and recoup some of your investment.:lol:

I have maybe 5 miles on the new engine. I'm still finishing up a bunch of details. I had to order a new air cleaner assembly from Billet Specialties so the frame of the air cleaner assembly clears the throttle linkage. Waiting on EZ clip parts for the A/C hoses. Still have to bleed the power steering. Wiring and hose routing and securing them so they don't end being caught in rotating items. Just a bunch of detail stuff to keep it safe. I don't want to run at all without something to prevent fire (air cleaner assembly). I don't want to do something that will burn it to the ground. Better to be cautious and do everything right.

Back