1978 NYB Preservation Project....Sort of

Let's just say I will now be stalking you.

I might have the vinyl top this week.

I'm having it shipped next day air.......dang it!

I should of known better about the vinyl top and should of ordered it last year or the beginning of this year. She said it should ship sometime this week.

I will definitely will be there!

I have a NOS hood ornament and NOS C-Pillar medallions to dress it up a little too!

WoW Bob. What a great thread. I've been so wrapped up in my Fury and camper projects that I wasen't paying attention to much else. I just went through the entire thread and can't tell you how happy I am to see your NYB upgraded to this level. I know how dear the car is to you.
I think the new top is mandatory and will be a crowning touch to the car. Can't wait to introduce the Admiral to the NYB at Carlisle.
Congradulations on a job well done.

Thanks Will!

That means a lot to me coming from you with all the beauties you have restored!

I sure would like to get a picture or two with our C's dress right dress.

I just had to take action now to address the rust before it got really out of control. It is very important to me to be able to keep the NYB as a DD and on the road and then be able to pass it on to the next guy.

Dang.....I just received UPS notification that my vinyl top will be delivered in the morning!!!

Dang.....I just received UPS notification that my vinyl top will be delivered in the morning!!!

EXCITING!!!!!! Hurry Bob Hurry and get the top installed.. Lol

I'm excited about meeting all you guys at Carlisle. Or least all that are about to make it.

[QUOTE="1978 NYB,

I just had to take action now to address the rust before it got really out of control. It is very important to me to be able to keep the NYB as a DD and on the road and then be able to pass it on to the next guy.[/QUOTE]

I agree Bob. My aim for the Admiral was to keep it as a DD and tow vehicle for Connie. It's not as easy to "shoot lower then show quality" as some may think. I look forward to some photos together also.

And thanks for the link to the car cover company, they offer a cover for the Admiral that I will likely order.

EXCITING!!!!!! Hurry Bob Hurry and get the top installed.. Lol

I'm excited about meeting all you guys at Carlisle. Or least all that are about to make it.

I believe FCBO is going to have world record attendance at Carlisle this year! I hoping to see a lot of never before seen C's there this year and hopefully some rare ones too!

Thanks Will!

That means a lot to me coming from you with all the beauties you have restored!

I just had to take action now to address the rust before it got really out of control. It is very important to me to be able to keep the NYB as a DD and on the road and then be able to pass it on to the next guy.

Very happy for you, Bob and the NYB improvements. Now. . . Go get busy on that Newport. I'm still dying to see it in the flesh.

Very happy for you, Bob and the NYB improvements. Now. . . Go get busy on that Newport. I'm still dying to see it in the flesh.

More than likely....the Newport will probably be at Carlisle next year. I have a ton of work to do to get it road worthy and I'm using all my limited free time to get the NYB finished and ready for Carlisle in 60 days. I still have mechanical work to do on it before Carlisle.

Were you able to get the clips you needed?

My body and paint guy said he has enough clips or can get them. I will be receiving the vinyl top in the next hour according to UPS and I'll be delivering it to my body and paint guy today.

What does it need mechanically?

Idler arm, tie rod ends and sleeves, alignment. Front passenger window motor, driver door latch and door lock master solenoid. Rear brake shoes, hardware, wheel cylinder, drums. Engine, txsm, diff oil and filter changes. I have all of the parts I believe. Small stuff but I have very limited time off between now and Carlisle and I don't have a garage so I either have to use the APG Auto Craft Shop or use my friends' garage. I can do without the power locks for now. But need to address the rest of the stuff before Carlisle.

Back