1978 NYB Preservation Project....Sort of

I'll have some of the metal that he cut out of the roof and the rear quarters to bring to Carlisle.

Alright, atleast theres a reason. lol

I keep seeing the pics, and thinking "come on dude! Its only 2 screws!"

The roof and the back have of the car will have new paint.

Maybe more paint on the front half. He has done an amazing job buffing almost 40 years of oxidation off the hood already. I almost fell over when I saw the shine and beauty of that original paint.

Today, I like that grille... looks like its coming together great.
20160502_154931_resized_1-jpg.78011

Is the whole car getting repainted, Bob? Or just getting blended
I've asked in this thread and I think he's now answered it once or twice, time for your Ritalin?

I figured as much, now here's your quiz. How much of the car is Bob having painted?

That is a beautiful car in a fantastic colour.

Thanks.

I can't wait to see what it will look like with the correct "blue" vinyl on it. It'll completely change the look of the NYB. Out of all the years that I had the car I never heard anyone say "Hey...Chrysler never put a black vinyl top on a blue Formal". LOL!

DSC03434.JPG

Don't forget to treat the vinyl top with a protectant later this year. I'm trying a one on the vinyl top of my '62 300 convert. So far I like it and performs well.

And what is the name of that protectorant ?

"Duragloss 301 Tonneau cover & vinyl convertible dressing" It is detergent resistent, UV resistant sun screen formula. Its an 8 fl oz liquid from Amazon. I had luck with some vinyl wax but when the top flexed some patches lifted and could be seen. I put this on my '62 300 convertible with a white top.

Back