1978 NYB Road Trip

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
At 4 am I will be departing Aberdeen, Maryland with my NY'er and nephew and will be going to Green Bay, Wisconsin. 1,000 miles one way. I'll be stopping near Gary, Indiana for 3 days to swap out my leather seats (thanks Mike) and do a bunch of repairs which include troubleshooting the A/C heater box, the speedo lights, replacing/upgrading to a modern stereo, speakers, and power antenna, replacing right side remote mirror, dash pad. And a quick txsm service, speedo gear O-rings, and adjustments. Then on to GB, Wisconsin for a few days of fishing then picking up a NOS windshield on the way back to Maryland. It should be fun!

Have a great trip and catch a bunch of fish, and remember it never happen if you don't show us some pictures of your trip.:sFl_america2:

I'll be stopping near Gary, Indiana for 3 days to swap out my leather seats, and do a bunch of repairs which include troubleshooting the A/C heater box, the speedo lights, replacing/upgrading to a modern stereo, speakers, and power antenna, replacing right side remote mirror, dash pad. And a quick txsm service, speedo gear O-rings, and adjustments. then picking up a NOS windshield on the way back to Maryland.QUOTE]

WOW.... Sounds like an exciding trip Bob...... Check out some of the back roads along the way..... Interstates get boring.

Sounds like your going to return in a different car then your leaving in....LOL. Hope all the changes go well for ya.

Have a great and safe trip.... lots of photos.....

lots of photos.....

Bob are you getting the "picture" Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Bob, you busted your balls all your life. This is why you did it. You earned this. Enjoy every second of it.

Thank You to everyone! I really appreciate everyone's kind words.

We made it here about 4:30 this afternoon. The 12 hour ride was nice! She ran good and strong and strutted through the mountains effortlessly. My nephew calculated that we averaged 14.5 mpg on the trip. Average speed was 80 mph for the most part. I had to tighten up a knothead driving a Chevy Volt coming out of the toll both lanes in Ohio. He found out what big block Mopar power is all about. LOL!!!

I also stopped and picked up a NOS tinted windshield about 60 miles from my destination in Indiana.

I got to the hotel and Mike (Newp) and his wife stopped by and we got our strategy planned for the next 3 days. Thanks Mike & Debbie for being great friends!!!

Tomorrow we will finally fix that damn wiper cam issue first!!!! Start on the A/C box and antenna replacement.

Thank You to everyone! I really appreciate everyone's kind words.

We made it here about 4:30 this afternoon. The 12 hour ride was nice! She ran good and strong and strutted through the mountains effortlessly. My nephew calculated that we averaged 14.5 mpg on the trip. Average speed was 80 mph for the most part. I had to tighten up a knothead driving a Chevy Volt coming out of the toll both lanes in Ohio. He found out what big block Mopar power is all about. LOL!!!

I also stopped and picked up a NOS tinted windshield about 60 miles from my destination in Indiana.

I got to the hotel and Mike (Newp) and his wife stopped by and we got our strategy planned for the next 3 days. Thanks Mike & Debbie for being great friends!!!

Tomorrow we will finally fix that damn wiper cam issue first!!!! Start on the A/C box and antenna replacement.

Sounds like a great first day .. live it up Bob I'm glad you and the dirt track racer are enjoying the trip brother. I hope you are letting him behind the wheel of the big 440 once in awhile LOL!

That's real cool of Mike to meet you like that & help with the swap. What a great trip.

That's real cool of Mike to meet you like that & help with the swap. What a great trip.

Mike has been working on formals for 30 years....I am humbled by his vast knowledge and his willingness to help his fellow C-Body brothers!

:icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray:

I also need to thank all the others on this Forum that has helped me numerous time was their wealth of knowledge, tips on parts, and generosity of giving me parts out of their personal inventory!!! I appreciate it all!!!

Thanks guys!!!

The reward is knowing that another C body (and a Formal at that) is being kept on the road where it belongs. Not enough people into Formals in my opinion...they are fantastic road cars. I like to help out the C body crowd when I can.

Enjoy the trip in your time machine...I look forward to the pics.

Back