1978 wiper drive cam

Thanks. There is one out there somewhere. Just gotta keep humping. PS: A better statement has never been made about incoming fire.

The 78 cam is a two piece unit. Mine had part numbers on both of them. However, the 78 parts book doesn't list them as separate parts but rather as a 2 part kit with a different part number for the kit which isn't available anywhere on the planet. I would believe the same applies to the 79 cam too.

Is this the part that you're referring to?
This is 379441 which is unique to the 78 Newport. The 78 New Yorker which has intermittent wipers has an even larger plastic cam.
I bought this a long time ago when I realized that these parts were breaking with regularity and figured that I'd get another 78 Newport someday.

P8210001.jpgP8210003.jpgP8210004.jpg

P8210001.jpg

P8210003.jpg

P8210004.jpg

That is the official NOS factory 1978 C-body big wiper cam replacement kit. I don't know how well the plastic held up after 40 years but hope it wouldn't crumble while installing or operating on the car.

The plastic part is covered in grease. I haven't needed it, so it still sits in the un-opened bag.

Do you still have the plastic piece?
I haven't opened the sealed bag. It's still sitting in a heated & air conditioned bedroom, since the day I bought it from the Chrysler dealer. The dealer's long gone, but that entire link (plastic & metal) is probably still like new, waiting for the day I get another 78.

Back