For Sale 1979 Magnum XE GT 6500. Johnstown Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Inner Structures are a Tad Different For a Original Barracuda Hood Vs. A Dart Sport Hood. And Barracuda hoods had The Blinkers on the hood instead of fenders, Correct?

Yes the structure is different, but not by much. I have a 74 dart hood for the 69 cuda. When you would bang on the 69s hood what fell out looked like rusty coffee grinds.

Once you put the insulation mat on the dart hood looks like it belongs. Yes 68 and 69 cudas had the hood mounted turn signals. These were optional on these years. I have seen 68s and 69s without them. I have a used set of these. Always thought they were cool.

Last edited:
Well while we are on the subject of GT's..,,,

1978 dodge magnum xe/gt clone mopar/dodge

1978 DODGE MAGNUM

condition: good
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

I have a 1978 dodge magnum xe (gt clone)(rare t-top option car). Built June 20th 1978 (Canada).
This hotrod has been redone in 2007-08 (have pictures). Possibly the last of the 400/t-top. This car is
probably one of the rare car(besides gt) on the road! Here are the list below that this car has and has been done. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them. I'm asking $8000 firm,
so no low balling or trades! I do have title in hand. This car has won trophies in Arizona, Colorado,
and California. show contact info Ask for Mark. P.S. DON'T CALL ME AND ASK ME FOR YOU TO TRY TO SELL MY CAR FOR ME! YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME!

440 magnum/727 trans. (1000 miles on rebuilt).have spare 727 rebuilt w/shift kit and torque converter
.30 over pistons, (.10) cast crank, (.10) rods.
452 heads w/hp exhaust manifolds.
4 barrel thermoquad carter.
street master intake (low end torque).
1969 roadrunner spec. cam. 268/284, 450/458. #p4452783ac
9-1/4 rear, 3.21posi. 11" brakes.
poly urethane bushings (front and back).
dual exhaust (1979 "300") w/cats and flowmasters.
shaker hood.
tow hitch(mounted on frame not bumper).
4 row radiator (alternate not all in the same row) better cooling.
electric fuel pump (no more vapor lock).
fender flares (rare gt option).
road wheels (Mirada 1980), 15x8, w/255-70-15's.
laudau top redone.

Other options;
rear defroster.
power driver's bucket seat.
electric chronometer clock.
lighted vanity mirror visor.
4 speakers.
air condition/non functional.
opera louver windows.
100 amp alt.
auto shift console w/locking box.(have keys).
11" front disc. brakes.
trunk release at glove box.
front/rear sway bars/rear air shocks.
125 mph tach (certified).
rebuilt steering gear box.
needs windshield (cracked the day after it was replace)

SERIOUS INQUIRER ONLY/NO FREE RIDES.
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6894.jpg
IMG_6895.jpg

He has a lot of money tied up in that ... It doesnt bother me now. If I had it Id tire of it real quick

Clone? Seriously?
I'm embarrassed.

I actually did mean "clown" that paint job is hideous. Looks like something you'd see an evil "Bozo the Clown" drive.
All I can think of when I see that red around the wheel arch is giant red clown lips. I can almost hear the pipe organ now. :rofl:

I have to agree that it looks hideous with those graphics.

Maybe take the graphics off and add hood scoops....

Clown car. I was trying to be nice with my reply saying it looked a bit busy for me. So ok the magnum XE on the headrests or the very large GT on the hood. Reminds me of the 1970s when the power went down and the screamin chicken on the pontiac trans am's got larger and larger as if was trying to try to hide the weaker engine under the hood. I think that screamin bird decal got so big it draped over the fenders lol. BTW i could be wrong, but i thought the largest engine you could get in one of these after 77 was a 360. My 77 SE charger i bought in 87 was a 400, but i dropped in a 440.

The clown car is all just too much. Between the XE head rest and the GT graphics, one or ta'other has got to go. On the plus side it does have a "125 mph tach (certified)"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back