For Sale 1999 Dodge Ramcharger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durango's have no headroom... this is a much better choice for us tall folk.

Is the rear door from a caravan?

Sí. Closure panels being the most expensive, this probably made the program "do-able"

One reason for the confusion is the fact that Durango's used minivan tailights (but not liftgate). Thus the Ramcharger, Durango and minivan all use a common shape where the tailight meets the liftgate. However, these (RC) tail lamps are neither... they are wider to make up the additional full-size width.

It all boils down to God help me if I break one. (actually I have spares now.)

Sí. Closure panels being the most expensive, this probably made the program "do-able"

One reason for the confusion is the fact that Durango's used minivan tailights (but not liftgate). Thus the Ramcharger, Durango and minivan all use a common shape where the tailight meets the liftgate. However, these (RC) tail lamps are neither... they are wider to make up the additional full-size width.

It all boils down to God help me if I break one. (actually I have spares now.)
You wanted one, got it, and now they come out of the woodwork for you? Lol

And now we know Carmine's ebay name and can bay-stalk him!:lol:

Jokes aside, good writeup on that thing. Your BIN doesn't seem terribly unreasonable for it, either, considering it's so unusual. That price makes it almost spontaneous/impulse/flipper price-capable. A guy could buy it, keep it a few years, and probably not lose any money on it.

Good avatar there GJS! Good 'ole Johnny Dangerously, so many good lines in that one - Michael Keaton has talent that puts most of the 'leading men' in Hollywood to shame.

And now we know Carmine's ebay name and can bay-stalk him!:lol:

Jokes aside, good writeup on that thing. Your BIN doesn't seem terribly unreasonable for it, either, considering it's so unusual. That price makes it almost spontaneous/impulse/flipper price-capable. A guy could buy it, keep it a few years, and probably not lose any money on it.

I look at it like a really nice short box or diesel from that era is worth $4-5k, so I think the same for something exotic (that needs some TLC, but is complete and rust free) should at least be worth the same.

I don't ebay for anything but complete cars, so I won't be much fun to stalk.

Good avatar there GJS! Good 'ole Johnny Dangerously, so many good lines in that one - Michael Keaton has talent that puts most of the 'leading men' in Hollywood to shame.
Good ole @MarPar brought that movie up in some thread and I was off n running! I spent the day watching clips on youtube and then the whole movie that night. Such a funny movie.

Unfortunately no. The recreational market is what makes 4x4 SUVs profitable in the US. That market doesn't exist south of the border (they just use a pickup if necessary, which isn't often in the dry desert). Since it was decided not to sell them in the US, they didn't bother offering it.

That said, people have added 4x4 to them in the US via donor trucks. The fuel tank clearance-to-tcase is the only engineering challenge, but not insurmountable.

I had a feeling that was the case. Not a whole lot of snow down in Mexico. Plus, I figured being in Michigan, you probably would have bought the 4x4 version if you could. I can see it being quite tight underneath with the tank in the middle. Blazers and Broncos have it in the back, but that's probably where the spare tire is on the Dodge.

I remember seeing One that was Custom made for an Arab sheik year back.. (I’ll see if I can find a picture) I bought a Brand New 95 Ram when the new line came out then. I was SO excited.. anyway! The sheek had a Red One made because he loved Dodge truck and was disappointed that Dodge never made One to compete with the suburban..

I remember that one. It was either in Motor Trend or maybe Pickup, Van & 4WD. The builder grafted a Chevy Suburban rear section onto a Dodge pickup. Although that may sound hokey, the end result looked like it was a factory built vehicle. On this Ramcharger, you can see that Chrysler adapted quite a few of their minivan parts to get the job done.

I remember that one. It was either in Motor Trend or maybe Pickup, Van & 4WD. The builder grafted a Chevy Suburban rear section onto a Dodge pickup. Although that may sound hokey, the end result looked like it was a factory built vehicle. On this Ramcharger, you can see that Chrysler adapted quite a few of their minivan parts to get the job done.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-ram-v10/

98797.jpg

It is full size, based on the 1500 Ram. The Durango was Dakota based.
Ah, I see that now. I just looked at the outside shot; didn't realize it was based on a full-size dodge. I see that in the dashboard shots.

Sold for 5 grand.
Durango's have no headroom... this is a much better choice for us tall folk.
I have no problem in my Durango, nor in the Dakota I owned before. I am not tall, but have a long torso to where I do not like most Japanese vehicles due to short headroom. If I can't wear a ball-cap and drive, I won't own the car. But I find plenty of headroom in mine. Everything is relative.

That stinks. Next time make a deposit required with the buy it now. Interesting truck & your correct, easier to get parts for than that supercar. :). Just saying, you might want to try putting it on Bring a trailer. You would probably be pleasantly surprised.

That stinks. Next time make a deposit required with the buy it now. Interesting truck & your correct, easier to get parts for than that supercar. :). Just saying, you might want to try putting it on Bring a trailer. You would probably be pleasantly surprised.

I have thought about BAT, but IIRC they were a good deal more expensive than ebay. And you usually have some know it all chiming in with "those suck" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back