For Sale 1999 Dodge Ramcharger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about BAT, but IIRC they were a good deal more expensive than ebay. And you usually have some know it all chiming in with "those suck" etc.

Last time I looked at the price it was $100. I think I listed a car for something like $50, on a special they ran. You do get the comments, Bat sometimes pulls the bad ones, and you can't just pull the add whenever you want. The part I like best, is that no one can snipe at the last 2 seconds. The second best part is everyone bids more than just a minimum amount. AND each person that bids, has their credit card get hit for the bid. No one is (ok, most) going to bid for play. It is a tough place to get a smoking deal. Most vehicles sell for more than I would want to pay. You have something unusual. Well, just something for thought.

Last time I looked at the price it was $100. I think I listed a car for something like $50, on a special they ran. You do get the comments, Bat sometimes pulls the bad ones, and you can't just pull the add whenever you want. The part I like best, is that no one can snipe at the last 2 seconds. The second best part is everyone bids more than just a minimum amount. AND each person that bids, has their credit card get hit for the bid. No one is (ok, most) going to bid for play. It is a tough place to get a smoking deal. Most vehicles sell for more than I would want to pay. You have something unusual. Well, just something for thought.

No, 'tis a good thought but $100 is 2x ebay's price (unless it sold, then ebay is $125). I might look into it. I got a message from a potential buyer, so i'll have to see if he comes through.

Well, I are Internet famous now:

Rough Start: Blowing The Budget On A Mexican Ramcharger

Which so far has resulted in this 1 AM text...

IMG_20171218_115155_edit.png

Don't you hate messages like that??? Whenever I'm asked that question, I take 1 dollar off my price.

Don't you hate messages like that??? Whenever I'm asked that question, I take 1 dollar off my price.

I've never had one that began that way result in a sale anyway. I think it's just the local third-world used car lot trying to score a despiration sale. (Although that message was from 954 area code.. Hi Florida!)

I personally hate having to text someone. You're on your phone, can't you use it as one for a brief moment and we can come to a conclusion and both be on our way? No, you'd rather drag out 3 sentences over 2 hours and piss me off?

Gotta love selling things in this day and age.

I've never had one that began that way result in a sale anyway. I think it's just the local third-world used car lot trying to score a despiration sale. (Although that message was from 954 area code.. Hi Florida!)
Really? I're gotten it perhaps every time I've sold a car, "What's the lowest you'll take for it?" It's the dumbest question around! I asked a guy once, "Would you go into a store and ask that of a clerk about the price of a loaf of bread? So then, why are you asking me that question?" It's one reason why I've stooped listing cars with "offer" after my asking price.

Really? I've gotten it perhaps every time I've sold a car, "What's the lowest you'll take for it?" It's the dumbest question around! ... It's one reason why I've stooped listing cars with "offer" after my asking price.

I get it quite often when I do sell something. My take, it gets to the bottom line right away, granted I'm selling cars under $1000 so it's not big money, and can save me a lot of time over someone hemming and hawing over the littlest thing.

As for the price, I usually pad it just a little so I can get what I want, and the buyer can have a small sense of accomplishment in his bartering skills. And when they ask me that question, cause they will, I always ask them what they think and they are usually within $50 of me.

No matter what, I can get any number of texts, 1-100, and it's always the first person who calls buys the car, always.

Really? I're gotten it perhaps every time I've sold a car, "What's the lowest you'll take for it?" It's the dumbest question around! I asked a guy once, "Would you go into a store and ask that of a clerk about the price of a loaf of bread? So then, why are you asking me that question?" It's one reason why I've stooped listing cars with "offer" after my asking price.

I think you're misreading me... I get those stupid messages all the time (and there is a verbal version as well, usually with an accent). But they never lead to a sale.

If I was selling a $1500 2005 Generic Hooptie, leading with a price question might be something a normal person would do. But I'm selling 50 year old cars, or only-version-of-it-in-the-state specialty cars. "What you bottom money" is not the way a serious buyer (or at least one I care to meet) opens a conversation about an unusual car.

And I MUCH prefer opening with them texting me. People call at random times, I don't need to be interrupted at work, talking to a friend, slappin' brake pads on the minivan, etc. just to hear "how much you take cash?" If your questions aren't stupid (and there are stupid questions), I'll gladly move onto a phone conversation.

I saw your ad for the _______, (not cut/pasted with the name of the city, like some of these scammer morons do)... Do you still have it?

Yes I do.

Is it as clean as the pics show?

Sure is, it's from out west.

Is there anything wrong not mentioned in the ad? Can I test drive it?

Not that I can think of, why don't you give me a call?

-----

That's the kind of text and then phone call that goes somewhere. The rest of this is people making scam calls/texts from mud huts.

Exhibit B, that I just decided to screw with...

(the last text with a photo was a pic of some rafter ventilation sheets left over from a project... I just wanted to see if he was even paying attention or knew what an engine looked like...)

IMG_20171219_205632.png

IMG_20171219_205644.png

IMG_20171219_205658.png

I guess he at least knew something... BTW, my ad for a red Dodge Ramcharger does show an engine photo.

IMG_20171219_205708.png

IMG_20171219_205719.png

(the engine pic was one I shot months ago just to remember the belt routing on a new Hemi test engine. I decided to throw in some '69 Imperial pics that were on my phone... something that should stand out to the buyer of a 1999 SUV. To rub it in, why not some outside shots of my Fury being loaded for shipping?)

IMG_20171219_205728.png

IMG_20171219_205737.png

IMG_20171219_205743.png

But he's pretty slick... wants to see an engine shot taken today. Luckily I was walking out the door, so how about a '79 Dodge Magnum? Sure it's not the RED SUV you're supposed to be asking about, but they both are 318s, lol.

IMG_20171219_205805.png

The scam is back on! Hurray! Let's see if he's dumb enough to send a check to my local Taco Bell...

IMG_20171219_205824.png

IMG_20171219_205854.png

Oh well, guess he must have clicked the link that my stupid phone gave him. I was going to demand he waste postage sending it express, but it seems he caught me giving him a virtual finger... no more texts after that.

These people would steal money from honest folk, that's why I left his number in the screen caps. They're lying scum and should be treated as such. Or at least F'ed with for entertainment purposes.

Lol. So the scam still is the send more money than required and you refund the difference?

In I received the intelligent texts I'd be happy but only the idiots that want me to drive 3 hours to them to look at the car,are the ones that text. I don't sell much on Craigslist anymore, easier to sell my stuff here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back