2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

I would, but I don't want to be called a hoarder then (but you never know what will happen). It seems I have to face reality at some point! :realcrazy:

you are doing good my friend.
You can never have enough Fuselage C-bodies.

I only need to complain that they should be on the road driven.

How about pulling out the BL1 300 next year, make a roadtrip to Michigan like back in the day and continue the travel to Carlisle

Carsten

you are doing good my friend.
You can never have enough Fuselage C-bodies.

I only need to complain that they should be on the road driven.

How about pulling out the BL1 300 next year, make a roadtrip to Michigan like back in the day and continue the travel to Carlisle

Carsten
Yeah, my avatar car is certainly the one to do it in. Everything works fine and the a/c is ready to go too. It would indeed be the way to reminisce. I made that trip from California to Michigan when I worked for Chrysler back in the day many times.

I did read on Facebook that legendary was looking for cores to make more c body stuff at Carlisle . Anybody who had something to offer to replicate should get ahold of them.
I look forward to it.
I have a 65 Monaco dash pad, console covers and seat covers they can use as cores or patterns.
However when i spoke to them the conversation ended as soon as i mentioned a "C" body.

Did anyone ask any of the vendors if they will start making parts for our C bodies?

They aren't going to. It's simple business economics. There aren't enough C body guys that are looking to buy reproduction parts to amortize the tooling costs.

For me, part of the hobby is looking for parts... Not looking in the catalog and plopping down a credit card.

Hmmm, they're wanting the back seats from my convertible since they don't have covers for that yet.

They aren't going to. It's simple business economics. There aren't enough C body guys that are looking to buy reproduction parts to amortize the tooling costs.

For me, part of the hobby is looking for parts... Not looking in the catalog and plopping down a credit card.
IDK... it would be nice to be able to use the CC once in a while...:rolleyes:

I had too. After buying all I did, then the two sets of sill plates from Murray I didn't have enough cash in pocket to buy the complete reproduction console.

I had too. After buying all I did, then the two sets of sill plates from Murray I didn't have enough cash in pocket to buy the complete reproduction console.
I think yours is still good enough to save and repair... just in case you decide you dislike the shiny new one.

I think yours is still good enough to save and repair... just in case you decide you dislike the shiny new one.

No, even you mentioned about the brittle plastic at 47 years old. Missouri is my project and I will treat her as such. Probably my last hoorah

Holy ****. . .

Most of the ones I have left were acquired many years ago when they were destined for scrap, as 25 years or more ago these were seen as eye sores for most people. If I hadn't rescued them, they would be Hondas or Toyotas by now. And old ones at that. Most of them that are left need total restorations (Carsten may not agree though), but many are complete and some do run. And 2 are rusty parts cars but even one of those isn't bad at all. Most people these days do not want full restoration projects, but I prefer them. I just don't like other people's work generally and find myself redoing everything if I buy a "nice one" used thinking I will save time and money - it doesn't work for me.

When someone visits my asylum and says, I want to restore a car completely, then they are possible buyers. Except for the 2 rusty ones, the rest are very solid cars with virtually no rust and all are covered to minimize deterioration. But some are missing engines and others missing some trim, etc. But most are complete cars in terms of the bodies. Most of the more than 30 cars I have sold in the past have gone overseas to really motivated buyers, and those cars were my best drivers. No one here wanted them enough to pay reasonable prices for them, so they went overseas where there were plenty of motivated buyers. But what I have left require enough work for even the overseas guys to pause given the time and investment it would take to make them drivers. And then, I do struggle as to which ones I want to really do myself, and which ones come first. I am 70 now and thankfully in good shape and work out several days/week to stay strong, so I am still well able to work on these cars and have plenty of help from my body and paint guy who is on site at my place usually 4 days/week. He is not only excellent at his body and paint (and I am really tough to please in that respect), but he is very good mechanically too and knows these cars very well, as he is 51 now and mostly into 1968-73 Chargers. So he is a great help. Here is a 69 Roadrunner he did for a friend of his not long ago:

100_8633 (2).jpg

As for photos, you can see what is typical of what I have left on Scott's web site for my 1971 300 sun roof cars under the Chrysler heading and I do have a 1971 Imperial and a 1971 New Yorker on the site as well (California collector):

moparsunroofregistry.com

And here is an example of another one I bought out of Colorado on a high mountain top (around 10K ft) many years ago now, where it was left to die with no engine or trans in it, and no one else was interested and the storage site was being cleared by the owner's widow (I had considerable logistics issues in getting it picked up too, given its location). But it was virtually rust free and I put a driveline in it from a rusty 71 300 that was too far gone for any other use, and made it complete. But when I got it to driver status, I liked it so much I couldn't part with it, at least not yet. It is a color that I have never seen before on one of these - GY5 crystal dawn metallic and I really like it.

Colorado 71 300.jpg

So I just take each day at a time now that I am finally retired and try to enjoy restoring the cars as long as I am here. When I am gone, my trustee has instructions as to how to sell the ones that I never got to. As my friend Greg summed up when he was here recently (he is the one that sold that black Sport Fury convertible on Ebay for some $38K), "these cars have obviously been your lifelong passion".
Steve

Last edited:
and we all hope not to hear from your trustee within the next 30 years.

And yes, you have 300s that need total resto.
Time to start with the EB7 blue 300 vert my friend.
You don't want a red one

Carsten

and we all hope not to hear from your trustee within the next 30 years.

And yes, you have 300s that need total resto.
Time to start with the EB7 blue 300 vert my friend.
You don't want a red one

Carsten

Oh my, you are optimistic! But I will do my best to see how close I can come. It is in the good Lord's hands, so I really don't worry about it. I am just thankful for what I am allowed to have and share with others.

But Carsten, you know that is the most rusty car I have! But there is another one nearby that you are aware of that would be better and I might indeed go for it. But it won't be first! I do not think I will ever restore my red 440 HP 1970 300 convertible since I really like the EB7 color better. The red one would draw too much attention too.

We finally made it back home after a long night on the road. Took a little nap this morning, now getting ready for the week. Tomorrow is gonna suck!!

Camping was pretty fun though. Havnt done that in years. The truck did us good. Put over 3500 miles on her, didn't skip a beat.

IMG_1748.JPG

I peeked in the garage. Not a drop of trans fluid under the car. Huh?? WTH?

Then I went to pull her out to unload the truck.....

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

One of the cooler lines now made its way off. Wtf is going on with this trans!! I think it's time to buy another rebuilt ready to go unit. This leaky pig has been no good since it got here in the Córdoba.

Got our stash unloaded. Sabrina made out fairly well. Did get a couple goodies for the Newport. Jeff pointed me in the direction of a decent set of road wheels. Thanks Jeff!

My buddy Jake picked me up a matching steering wheel for the Newport a few months back. Grabbed that from him as well.

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

Sabrina beat me though. The winner would have to be the club cab windows. She got the glass, and rubbers for $20 a piece. When's the last time you saw that??

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

Jeff, I got your stuff stashed safe away in the warehouse lol. It rained most the way down. I took the wheels, and tank out of the bags so moisture wouldn't get held in.

IMG_1776.JPG

Got the messy pig back in her spot. Ugh. Anyone have recommendations on a trans place?? Cope racing is a decent one I hear...

IMG_1778.JPG

Sorry to hear about the little present you found when you got back. At a certain point you need to hand off to a qualified technician and save your sanity if not your $. In any case half through tomorrow when you are balls deep in your job it will be a vague memory LOL.

Back