washers and coned nuts. Found

Carb

Valve springs

Head bolts.

Distributor cap clamp / clip

engine side covers, both, with hardware

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
I prob have the Distributor cap and clips, any chance you have the pics of them? Also the IAT#

Last edited:
These guys have a lot of flathead parts. Vintage Power Wagons - Vintage Dodge Truck Online Parts Catalog

Because a lot of the flathead parts interchange, you might want to specify if it's 23" or 25". I don't remember what the 230 engine is.

Any chance you are going to convert to 12 volts? I have a 12volt flathead starter motor that's all rebuilt that I'd make a smoking deal on.

Last edited:
I'm looking for some 230 parts:
Exhaust manifold
Exhaust manifold, studs, cupped washers and coned nuts
Carb
Valve springs
Head bolts
Distributor cap clamp / clip
engine side covers, both, with hardware

Thanks for looking

Post a wanted topic on P15-D24.com. All things mopar flathead.

48dodger on that site might have a manifold, but he's in CA, not sure where you're at...

You can get the manifold studs, cone nuts, washers, etc from VPW. Also possibly Roberts Motor Parts.

Head bolts may be harder to find. I have a set from when I switched to ARP studs on mine. I'd have to vet it.

Side covers - VPW or a member on the above mentioned site.

Carb - maybe VPW, not sure if they peddle carbs. Otherwise, P15-d24.

Valve springs - get new from VPW, Egge machine, EPW supply, or even Rockauto perhaps.

Wildcat auto in OR is a good source for mopar stuff and they ship.

Brian's Auto Salvage in American Canyon, CA - another with a ton of flathead era vehicles. You pick it though.

48 power wagon, thou I'm not convinced it's an original t137 engine.

These guys have a lot of flathead parts. Vintage Power Wagons - Vintage Dodge Truck Online Parts Catalog

Because a lot of the flathead parts interchange, you might want to specify if it's 23" or 25". I don't remember what the 230 engine is.

Any chance you are going to convert to 12 volts? I have a 12volt flathead starter motor that's all rebuilt that I'd make a smoking deal on.
It's a 230 , 23 inch block. It's already converted to 12v. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. I'm looking to see if this engine has any life left. If not the plan isn't set at this point.

251 spitfire is the 25 inch version to my knowledge.

Thanks for the leads

It's a 230 , 23 inch block. It's already converted to 12v. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. I'm looking to see if this engine has any life left. If not the plan isn't set at this point.

251 spitfire is the 25 inch version to my knowledge.

Thanks for the leads
The 251 and 265 were 25". I had a '48 Desoto engine, I think it was a 237, that was a 25" block too.

I've never figured it all out... Or if I did, I've forgotten a lot of it. Just remembered the 23" versus 25".

I prob have the Distributor cap and clips, any chance you have the pics of them? Also the IAT#
Not sure what or where an IAT # is.
Here's a pic of the broken clip. The zip tie is not my doing. It's the least of this engines troubles. Looks like it popped a head gasket, and has at least 4 stuck valves. It's freed up now and cranks over smoothly.

20220630_194741.jpg

Last edited:
Post a wanted topic on P15-D24.com. All things mopar flathead.

48dodger on that site might have a manifold, but he's in CA, not sure where you're at...

You can get the manifold studs, cone nuts, washers, etc from VPW. Also possibly Roberts Motor Parts.

Head bolts may be harder to find. I have a set from when I switched to ARP studs on mine. I'd have to vet it.

Side covers - VPW or a member on the above mentioned site.

Carb - maybe VPW, not sure if they peddle carbs. Otherwise, P15-d24.

Valve springs - get new from VPW, Egge machine, EPW supply, or even Rockauto perhaps.

Wildcat auto in OR is a good source for mopar stuff and they ship.

Brian's Auto Salvage in American Canyon, CA - another with a ton of flathead era vehicles. You pick it though.

Thank you for all the leads, this PW is a first for me and it's a real mess.

I should have one. That a 6 distrib? Cap looks like a four cyl cap. IAT # is the prestolite part number it should be on the tag riveted to the side. I would pull that and make sure it is free before buying parts for it looks like that cap has been open for a while and moisture got in there.

Last edited:
The 251 and 265 were 25". I had a '48 Desoto engine, I think it was a 237, that was a 25" block too.

I've never figured it all out... Or if I did, I've forgotten a lot of it. Just remembered the 23" versus 25".
The Canadian 218/230s were also 25".... straight not offset connecting rod big ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back