For Sale 26K-Mile 1973 Dodge Monaco Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth every penny. Unfortunately, it will end up on another site for $28K, without anyone ever enjoying the ride.

More than I would have thought but it looked like a pretty good car. I think it helped how many detailed pictures he had of the car in the listing.

It makes me wonder:
1. How much more would that car have brought if it was a 2 door?
2. Would it brought more or less if it was a wagon?

Dave

More than I would have thought but it looked like a pretty good car. I think it helped how many detailed pictures he had of the car in the listing.

It makes me wonder:
1. How much more would that car have brought if it was a 2 door?
2. Would it brought more or less if it was a wagon?

Dave

I agree, I didn't think it would hit that number but would have gone that high.

A two door version would be curious and without the 440

We'll see it for sale again within a month for $35k.

16105670_1375976722421553_8988834126708076168_n.jpg

I dont see a resale. Maybe, but thats a hell of a gamble, paying on the high side for a car to resell

I'm hoping whoever bought it considers it his dream car and enjoys driving it.

And brings it to Carlisle so we can put our eyeballs on it to see what we missed out on.....

O.K. its not exactly apples to oranges but in the same family...I posted a CL ad for a '73 Polara with 51k original miles about a month ago in WI. Me and my friend Glen Barnett went to look at it and confirmed the condition and miles. It needed a new electric assist choke pull off and bottom seat fabric (spliting seams). He was asking $2700 and my gut tells me you could get it for 2k, invest $600 for two items and have 2600 total into the car. Now $2600 total invested vs 14k for the other black one. I could have money left over to invest in a Roth IRA plus pay off on the home or remodel whatever. For me the ble one is the smart choice for those of us on a budget.

I disagree .... Of you didnt mind the four door this is the way to go....all the options with great colors

Dads ready to sell his Polara again. Hes always looking for something different and that has 35000 miles on it
IMG_9413.JPG

That black 73 Monaco 4 door was an outstanding car, and there is no comparison to Polaras in 1973 IMO. It went for what I thought it should get. If it was a 2 door in that condition and with those options, it would have cleared $20K.

$14K and change... A little less than I suspected, but close enough!

4-5 years ago, who would have guessed? A 4 dr C-body worth that much...

You guys will come around sooner or later,.....good cars in good colors always bring top dollar; no matter what the make or model....they always have.

I bought it. Its an amazing car. Find me another! It won't be for sale for a long time! It does have some minor issues that I plan to correct which will make this time machine even closer to perfection! For what it is and the overall condition, I think I got a bargain. It drives tight and beautifully just like a new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back