300-H HURST nerd stuff...

So this wheel was standard in every Hurst?
Meaning, this type of wheel should always be saved for a Hurst guy?

No, it's just a standard 15x6JJ wheel that has other applications.

1680555109768.png

The "Hurst Wheel" is the chromed, slotted "road wheel" with the body-match paint and the pinstripes.

1680555236645.png

1680555276193.jpeg

So this wheel was standard in every Hurst?
Meaning, this type of wheel should always be saved for a Hurst guy?
It's the standard spare wheel for any '70 300, from what I've seen. Had the same wheel in my coupe, and I've seen it in many a survivor trunk from 'vert to 4-door.

No, it's just a standard 15x6JJ wheel that has other applications.

View attachment 589993

The "Hurst Wheel" is the chromed, slotted "road wheel" with the body-match paint and the pinstripes.
I wasn't clear - I knew the dolled-up Road Wheel was standard for the Hurst - I meant that any wheel of this type should be saved because it's the only wheel correct for a spare for a Hurst.

It's the standard spare wheel for any '70 300, from what I've seen. Had the same wheel in my coupe, and I've seen it in many a survivor trunk from 'vert to 4-door.
So on the cars you've seen, were they Road Wheel cars or wheelcovers? Either type?
Was this wheel used on the car also if it had wheelcovers? Or just as the spare?

I ask only because I saw one years ago, knew it was special, but it took years to learn they were used on some (all?) wagons.
So I'm just trying to learn more.

So on the cars you've seen, were they Road Wheel cars or wheelcovers? Either type?
Was this wheel used on the car also if it had wheelcovers? Or just as the spare?

I ask only because I saw one years ago, knew it was special, but it took years to learn they were used on some (all?) wagons.
So I'm just trying to learn more.
just a couple of examples, my coupe has road wheels:

FCF8E628-A45A-4902-B698-AE03AD3E574A.jpeg

and this survivor car has covers:

E154F24A-859D-45F3-8FDA-2074B849C9C6.jpeg

Unfortunately, I did not. As you know, I have an open offering for one, but nada.

These pics are from.....someone sent to me, or somewhere on the interweb? I have all the pages, not that there's many. Should I post them here?

And there's this hilarious keepsake, oddly a Europe thing. I won this eBay sale with a vengeance. Musk couldn't have gotten it away from me!
1680582004887.jpeg

1680582060932.jpeg

Last edited:
I love that model! Post pics of the booklet if you got ‘em, I just have som blurry shots of it.

More rare “Hurst Stuff”…..

Optional factory NOS “300-H Rear Wing Supports”. Yes, these are factory parts!

I will reproduce this complete rare package for interested parties.

Send me a PM if interested.

NERDS RULE!!!

508B0E17-68D8-4B6F-B16D-EC1796C3B560.jpeg

Last edited:
I took this pic of a Hurst that had just changed hands at Carlisle 2018, don't know the price. I guess this wing had "the sags" long ago.

Notice it has the dual-tips, too.

1680700088292.jpeg

Nice…but the wing support is not correct. It’s not the factory part. The tips aren’t correct either. ;)
I don't know if I've ever really seen correct tips, except in 1970 promo pics, so I certainly believe you. But these were the most "normal" tips I've seen, and we've all seen some silly exaggerations out there, almost like this:
a0395d0a-98e5-49b7-9eee-e447ac9ff468-jpeg.jpg

As for the support, I figgered this was the right part, because I HAVE seen a styro block of some sort stuffed in there and I knew that was bogus. Do you have any pics of the correct support installed, way back when?

Back