300F

ws23jrt

Reaction score
Got a few pics of a very nice 300F at a street show in Portland today.
A great event with hundreds of cars of all kinds.

IMG_0459 (Large).JPG

IMG_0458 (Large).JPG

IMG_0460 (Large).JPG

Beautiful car, on sunny days I would put miles and miles on it

Think of all of the "coast to coast grandeur" that could be seen through that windshield!

There was a story about the engineer in charge of the LH-300M who bought a letter car (maybe even a 300F?) and then drove it home, across the nation, to get a feel of what the 300M should be like, it's feel, and heritage. By observation, he did well!

T
here's a picture (somewhere) of him and his spouse in it, with the top down, on that trip.​

CBODY67

I did a Google image search for "1960 Chrysler 300-F convertible" and found many great pictures of those cars. PLUS www.300F.com , which has a massive amount of information on those particular letter cars! At the bottom of the "INFO" page is a link to a YouTube video of a Chrylser commercial from about 2011 on "style". Quite neat!

Kind of makes me want to find one, if I ever win the lottery. Great looking cars with great performance, for their time.

CBODY67

300F is probably my favorite car! I took these pics at a Spring Fling in Van Nuys a number of years back. It was 2006, the year they moved the show to across the street because Woodley Park was too dry and damaged.
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG

That is a ridiculous price - all of those 300s in that auction went for crazy money (numbers below are before fees).

C convertible. Hammered 185k.
E convertible. Hammered 265k.
F convertible. Hammered 265k
H convertible. Hammered 150k.
58 new Yorker. Hammered 300k.

Maybe it is time to sell my 300F and cash out. But I can't bring myself to do it. :stop:

cars belonged to the Tom Gerard collection and were restored to very high levels.
Mecum bought them off him and sold them on auction on their own risk. They NY CV went to Mike McCandless (currently building an excellent Forwardlook collection) and the rest to Stallupi (who just sold a part of his collection in april at BJ in Palm Beach).

I knew all 5 were owned by Gerard, but didn't know where they went. Thanks.

Couldn't believe that NY'er went for MORE than the 300's. It was my 2nd favorite though.

I knew all 5 were owned by Gerard, but didn't know where they went. Thanks.

Couldn't believe that NY'er went for MORE than the 300's. It was my 2nd favorite though.

It is the story about gaps in collections and rarity of cars in existance in top condition. It is easier to find a letter car vert in perfect condition than the other models

What beautiful cars! I, of course, love the 300F but that wagon is awesome! It must have some presence, like no other, going down the road.

Back